Electrical Power Engineer
W-INDUSTRIES in Copperas Cove, TX
- Industry: Engineering - Electrical Engineer
- Type: Full Time
- Compensation: $116,090.00 - 167,990.00 / Year*
W-Industries is seeking an Electrical Power Engineer with 3+ years of experience. The ideal candidate will have excellent organizational, time management, and problem solving skills and will be expected to research, develop, and design electrical components, equipment and systems.
- Reviews and understands technical specifications and drawings to identify customer s requirements
- Create or modify the electrical design for Electrical Equipment Centers (EEC or PDC or PCR), Medium Voltage and Low Voltage switchgear, Motor control centers, Utility panels.
- Develop the project documentation consisting of the project details like layout, one-line, three-line drawings, control schematics, the component layouts, the internal point to point wiring diagrams, and the customer interconnect drawings.
- Use technical understanding of circuit design and electrical component functionality. Select project electrical components based on the project specific design requirements and company standards.
- Directs activities to ensure that manufacturing, construction, installation, and operational testing conform to functional specifications and customer requirements.
- Uses computer assisted engineering and design software and equipment to perform engineering tasks.
- Provide sketches, markups and direction to Electrical and Mechanical designers to develop project drawings.
- Review, create, draft and approve project drawings.
- Creates, revises and approves the bill of materials for procurement as needed
- 3+ years experience in manufacturing, oil & gas and/or power distribution industry
- BS in Electrical Engineering or Electrical Power Eng. Tech and/or equivalent work experience
- Full understanding of IEC, ANSI, IEEE and NEC codes and standards related with Power distribution and electrical equipment, PCR buildings
- Experience with Autocad Electrical
- Familiar with electrical design and circuits
- Excellent Organizational
- Excellent Time management
- Communicates Intelligently
- Logical problem-solving abilities
- Detail oriented
W-Industries provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Associated topics: bsee, cellular, circuit, dsp, energy, image processing, lighting, msee, schema, wiring
* Estimated salary
More Jobs Hiring Near Me!