Veolia Energy has entered a long-term O&M Services Agreement with Georgia Renewable Power. GRP is currently building two 65 MW biomass-fueled power plants in north Georgia. These plants, in Franklin and Madison counties, respectively, are targeting Commercial Operation at the start of the second quarter next year. Veolia Energy will be supporting the commissioning and startup, and is putting together high performance teams for each plant now.
Summary: Responsible for the safe, reliable, and cost effective operation of the power plant fuel yard operations
- Working under the direction of the Shift Supervisor must be able to perform assigned duties in a safe and environmentally responsible manner;
- Reclaim fuel as necessary to support plant operation including the receipt, handling and storage of various biomass fuels. This includes operating and performing preventative maintenance on front end loaders, Skid Steers, Sweepers and other equipment as needed
- Mix various fuels as directed
- Perform routine equipment walk-downs and perform preventative maintenance of the fuel handling system and all assigned yard maintenance; Perform clean up duties on a self-directed basis and as assigned. May be asked to perform other functions, including talking samples and testing of fuel samples
- Two years' experience in the operation of heavy equipment; Experience in the operation and maintenance of front end loaders and various other fuel handling equipment.Ability
- An individual that can show initiative and be self-sufficient in his work;
- Team player - display emotional intelligence.
- Ability to work a rotating 12 hour shift schedule with overtime and occasional call-ins.
- General knowledge of how to operate and conduct maintenance on heavy equipment.
- Able to work rotating shift assignment to support plant operations as assigned
Associated topics: energy, geothermal, operations, operator, powerplant, powerplant operations, scrubber, solar, turbine