Substation Electrical Engineer
Ulteig in Bismarck, ND
- Industry: Electronics/Semiconductors - Hardware Engineer/Designer
- Type: Full Time
- Compensation: $75,890.00 - 113,620.00 / Year*
Ulteig is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Substation Electrical Engineer in our Bismarck, ND office.The Substation Electrical Engineer develops and reviews utility substation drawings, including General Arrangements, Elevations, Cable and Conduit Plans, Grounding Plans, AC/DC Schematics, panel elevations, electrical equipment enclosure plans, wiring diagrams, specifications, and reports to ensure that they are complete, accurate, and in accordance with sound engineering practices and client standards.
What You'll Do
The Substation Electrical Engineer acts as a technical leader and applies standard engineering techniques and procedures on moderately complex projects. Plans, schedules, conducts and/or coordinates detailed phases of assigned project work. Makes design recommendations, adaptations and modifications for utility substations. Performs calculations using engineering formulas and skills. Involved in the resolution of design problems, which may include performing field investigation or observation, detailed design work and detailed quality control (QC) review of design calculations. Coordinates specific design aspects of a project requiring the ability to plan, schedule, conduct, and communicate work with team members. Provide technical guidance to other engineers.
What We Expect from You
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering required. ABET accredited program or equivalent required.
- PE License strongly preferred. Ability to obtain within 1 year required.
- 4 years of engineering experience required
- Prior experience working with physical design or protection and control design of electrical power substations required
- Capable of reviewing and producing design drawings, including General Arrangements, Elevations, Cable and Conduit Plans, Grounding Plans, Physical Connection Details, AC/DC schematics, and wiring diagrams
- Ability to perform AC & DC substation studies
- Experience using ground grid modeling software a plus
- Knowledge of substation protection and control schemes a plus
- Knowledge of basic relay settings a plus
- Knowledge of National Electric Code (NEC) a plus
- Knowledge of National Electrical Safety Code (NESC) a plus
- Knowledge of Rural Utilities Service (RUS) design guide a plus
- Proven experience in Microsoft Software Applications (Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Must have permanent authorization to work in US
What You Can Expect from Ulteig
For 75 years, weve built a culture focused on people both our clients and our employees. We realize that a huge part of our success has relied heavily on the dedication and focus of our workforce; this is why we make investing in our employees a top priority. Being 100% employee-owned means, we take our own success and the success of our clients personally.
We offer our team members:
- Flexible Workplace
- Employee Ownership
- Competitive Pay
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Collaborative Environment
- Innovative Culture
Working at Ulteig is more than a job, it means you will be making a difference. Our vision is to be among the most highly regarded engineering and technical services firms in North America. Ulteig connects people and resources to develop compelling, integrated solutions across multiple Lifeline Sectors , including power, renewables, transportation and water. Ulteig's footprint spans the country and leverages its expertise with a wide range of public and private clients.
If you would like to be a part of a company that empowers their employees, apply today!
Ulteig provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, age, veteran status, disability and any
other legally protected status. Drug Free Workplace.
ACHIEVE | GROW | COLLABORATE
Associated topics: adapter, diagram, electric, electrical engineer, electrician, hardware, plc, signal processing, wind, wiring
* Estimated salary
More Jobs Hiring Near Me!