Compensation: $65,850.00 - $132,490.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Tradesmen International is seeking experienced Pipe Welders to join our team. If you are a Pipe Welder with at least 4 years of experience this is your chance to advance your career.
As a pipe welder, you will be required to possess knowledge of the tools and equipment that is required to work at this position. Some insight into the strength and welding characteristics of different types of metals will also be considered important when working at this position. The ability to interpret blueprints, diagrams and schematics is also required when applying for this position, as are the skills in recognizing the mechanical functions of moving parts, and applying this knowledge to welding projects.
- Study schematics, diagrams and blueprints to determine layout of pipes and devise welding plans
- Measure pipe routings and fabricate them to fit existing in-line piping systems
- Plan and layout sequence of installation procedures to avoid obstruction in pipe laying and welding activities
- Assemble and install a variety of metal pipes and pipe fittings for both carbon steel and stainless projects
- Install pipe related equipment such as hangers, supports and hydraulic cylinders
- Secure pipes to structures with clamps, brackets and hangers using hand tools
- Remove slag and rough spots by operating portable grinders or scrapers, to ensure smooth work surfaces
- Clean, prepare and install pipes with various fittings and weld joints according to standardized protocols
- Thread pipes using threading machines and assemble and install a variety of metal and nonmetal pipes and fittings using the threading method
- Adjust flames, gauges and flames to ensure appropriate handling of compressed gas or water pressure
We're highly selective, committed to hiring only those pipe welders that have exceptional abilities at their skill level, unwavering reliability, strong work ethic, and a desire to be the best.
- Eagerness and willingness to learn and receive instruction/direction from qualified Journeyman Welder
- Strong working knowledge of job site safety as well as ability to complete a company specific safety orientation
- High standard of integrity and professionalism
- Drug free at all times
In addition to consistent work, top pay, and employment opportunities, we provide a benefits package that includes:
- Vacation Pay
- Health insurance
- Dental and vision plan
- Prescription drug plan
- Life insurance
- Short-term disability
- 401(k) profit-sharing savings plan
- Incentive programs
- Tool purchase programs
Tradesmen International is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
CategoryWelder - Pipe
Tradesmen International Inc. is one of North America's largest employers of skilled construction craftsmen. We provide unparalleled growth opportunities for our customers and employees and focus to provide these craftsmen reliable work, fair compensation and benefits, opportunities for skill and career growth as well as safer overall working conditions.
Associated topics: burner, fitter, gas metal arc welding, gmaw, ironworker, metal, metal inert gas, spot weld, tig, weld
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...