Pricing Analyst - Fuels Marketing
The Wills Group in La Plata, MD
- Industry: Advertising/Marketing/Public Relations - Marketer/Market Researcher/Data Analyst
- Type: Full Time
- Compensation: $66,120.00 - 103,800.00 / Year*
The Wills Group is looking for a talented team member with a customer-service mindset to join our Fuels Marketing Division as a Pricing Analyst.
We are a $1.5 billion company headquartered in La Plata, Maryland (just 45 mins from DC, with reverse commute) with nearly 300 retail locations across the Mid-Atlantic region, including Dash In, Splash In ECO Car Wash, and SMO Motor Fuels. A family-owned company since 1926, our passion areas are in convenience retailing, fuels marketing, and commercial real estate and we pride ourselves on keeping our customers', employees' and communities Lives in Motion.
We are seeking a Pricing Analyst for our Fuels Marketing division who shares responsibility for the management of fuels pricing for The Wills Group. This includes the development and execution of pricing strategy and tactics to meet Fuels Marketing s and Convenience Retailing s Operating Plans. It also includes management of the pricing software to ensure accurate and timely communication of motor fuel prices to the wholesale and retail locations and the optimization of the petroleum gross profit for a portfolio of sites.
Why You Should Join Wills Group
Our Wills Group employees come to work for more than just a paycheck, but rather they come to learn, make contributions, make an impact, and feel valued as a part of our family-friendly culture. We have a work-hard, play-hard mentality that makes us a progressive company and we thrive on giving back to our community. That is what is core to our DNA.
Benefits and Perks
Are you interested in flexible working hours, including telework opportunities, free parking, a modern work environment with monthly employee events, collaboration spaces, and caf with unlimited soft drinks, coffee, and lattes? Then the Wills Group is just the place for you. And we take pride in investing in our people s well-being. That s why we back our words with competitive total rewards packages.
- Financial Wellbeing , employer 401 (k) match (currently at 7%), health savings plan, and financial planning
- Physical Wellbeing comprehensive health, vision, and dental plans that meet the needs of our people
- Paid Time Off Vacation, Sick, Personal, and Community Engagement, Parental Leave for new Dads and Moms
- Education and Development Opportunities 100% Tuition reimbursement to support our people s education goals
- Competitive Salary - competitive pay matched to DC Metro area
Wills Group is an equal opportunity employer. Wills Group does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
- Responsible for pricing of motor fuel products. Establishes and executes daily pricing for all motor fuels across both the retail and wholesale channels of the business utilizing a variety metrics and intelligence to optimize petroleum gross profit and execute on market strategies. Maintains retail and wholesale pricing systems and works with IT to ensure accurate reporting/invoicing. Coordinates and executes retail fuel pricing strategy by product, grade, and by store, following up to ensure changes are executed per the developed site and market strategies. Develops and maintains all price zone and site strategy documentation for all controlled retail sites.
- Ensures pricing is in compliance with all federal, state or local laws and manages communication to government officials regarding below cost selling of fuel by competitors.
- Analyzes competitive position of suppliers pricing and uses information to develop insights and make recommendations to improve fuel price management and performance and support build/operate/harvest decisions
- Responsible for developing a highly effective strategy through a deep understanding of the fuel supply, market dynamics, branded vs. unbranded fuel and costs. Provides Executive Management with recommended strategies to address current market trends and industry conditions. Provides statistical and analytical support to refine the appropriate fuel pricing strategy and to monitor overall fuel price system performance.
- Plans, organizes, directs and controls the activities of pricing support to the retail marketing organization including administrative functions and participation in team meetings and training opportunities, as appropriate. Provides reports and appropriate updates to internal and external stakeholders regarding performance and trends to include competitive price surveys, margin and volume reports, rack competitiveness and monthly forecasts and look backs.
- Performs a variety of economic analyses and opportunity assessments as needed to develop profit-optimizing tactics and strategies to ensure competitive positioning, enhance gross profit and optimize each site s profitability.
- Calculates pool margins, laid-in cost estimates and sales volumes relative to plan by store, territory, or market on a daily basis. Analyzes current fuel sales and gross margin compared to prior year and current year goals. Analyzes the impact of pricing decisions using key metrics and performance indicators in order to evaluate the level of success of recommended strategy and execution.
- Manages the systems that serve as the infrastructure to providing pricing administration, reporting, and retail support.
- Works directly with Director of Supply, Pricing and Logistics on a daily basis and provides critical pricing information to the Fuels Marketing and Convenience Retailing leadership team and Wills Group executives.
- Bachelor s degree in finance, supply chain and logistics, or related field
- Excellent analytical skills
- Financial analysis and reporting skills
- Experience with Microsoft Excel, to include pivot tables and formula
- Demonstrated success in the classroom.
- Leadership roles in campus organizations or extracurricular activities preferred.
- Positive references from previous employers.
- Extensive onboarding process provided. Successful candidates will complete a thorough training program that will introduce them to the petroleum industry, motor fuels distribution business, and pricing software and strategies.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Proven ability to manage priorities and workflow
- Strong organizational and problem-solving ability
- Ability to exercise sound and well-reasoned independent judgment
- An understanding of company culture and customer service expectations
- Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders/customers
- A technology orientation to help support departmental and organizational I.T. systems
- Previous experience with Power BI and data visualization a plus
- Demonstrated success in previous work experiences
- Enthusiastic and energetic team player
- Ability to stay abreast of market conditions and technology trends that could impact the fuels industry
- Flexibility to respond to market conditions in the evening and on weekends as needed
- Delivering results and meeting expectations
- Working well with people
- Adapting and responding to change
- Learning & researching
- Analytical ability
- Deciding and initiating action
* Estimated salary
You may be interested in these similar jobs near La Plata, MD!