Steel, LLC in Atlanta, GA
- Industry: Facility Maintenance - Director/Property Manager
- Type: Full Time
- Compensation: $59,580.00 - 120,150.00 / Year*
The Reliability Technician is responsible for improving a facility's manufacturing performance and facility maintenance. This is to be accomplished by reducing machine downtime and unscheduled maintenance through improved equipment reliability. An effective preventative maintenance program is expected. Productivity improvements are also expected as a result of utilizing process tools and knowledge of system capability. Specifically, the program focuses on value creation measured by improved equipment reliability to maximize manufacturing productivity.
Major Responsibilities / Activities:
- Follows all Safety rules and regulations for a safe work environment
- Establishes, coordinates and participates in PMs for machinery and Power Industrial Trucks
- Establishes machine repair priorities.
- Inputs and manages data for the maintenance management database
- Understands and troubleshoots machinery in assigned areas of the Manufacturing process.
- Interfaces with all related functions (i.e. Production, Quality, Engineering, Support).
- Performs Lockout/Tagout procedures whenever working on equipment.
- Responsible for timely technical progression to achieve job level expectations.
- Appreciates the impact of his/her maintenance repairs on quality, uniformity, and productivity.
- Performs repairs and/or PMs knowing that they have a direct bearing on product uniformity and quality.
A Day in The Life Typically Includes:
- Taking ownership of the results of the people, processes, and equipment that impact the reliability of the operation while fully utilizing the maintenance & reliability resources
- Deep diving and analysis of downtime for each capital asset
- Implementing & maintaining a predictive and preventive maintenance strategy to include operator basic care
- Fostering an environment where safety is a value not just a priority
- Enforcing a safe work environment and ensuring personnel are practicing safe work practices
- Working with operations leaders to ensure that the equipment meets required specifications
- Managing of financial resources and accountability of equipment parts inventory
- Assessing machine conditions by using technical, electrical, and mechanical skills
- Developing cohesive teams between the operations and maintenance groups to improve reliability
- Engaging with crews and supervisors on a daily basis, within each department, to ensure that each department is focusing on the performance of the people, processes and equipment.
- Reduce operator error by establishing training procedures for each piece of machinery. Monitor operator performance daily to ensure machines are being used properly.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with various equipment representatives.
- This position, there will require standing and walking periodically throughout the day within the Shop.
- Ability to lift, push/pull and carry up to 50lbs.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience as a reliability engineer or reliability technician in an industrial/manufacturing or military environment
- Experience as Reliability Technician or Maintenance Manager is a plus
- Experience with programmable logic controllers (PLC)
- Experience with drives
- Experience in capital budgeting & management
- Experience within the steel fabrication industry or heavy manufacturing industries
- Experience with a CMMS (computerized maintenance management systems)
- Experience managing financial resources and equipment parts inventory & controls
- Familiar with CNC programing. General understanding of CNC computer code and how commands impact the behavior of each machine.
- Supervisory experience with direct reports. Position will be managing a crew of 2 to 3 maintenance technicians.
- Experience using Microsoft Office programs such as Word (to write business correspondence), Excel (for use of spreadsheets, reporting, simple formulas) and Outlook (for internal and external correspondence)
- Willing and able to work off hours, overtime, weekends, and holidays, as needed
- Willing and able to work in an industrial environment
- Willing and able to wear the necessary Personal Protection equipment (PPE) (i.e. safety glasses, ear plugs, hearing protection, steel-toe boots or safety shoes and other PPE required by specific jobs)
- Related training or Degree in Industrial Engineering, Mechanical / Electrical Engineering and 5+ years' experience in Steel Fabrication, Industrial Maintenance OR Military Experience in a maintenance discipline.
The above position description is an outline of this position and does not contain a comprehensive listing of the day-to-day activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties may be assigned and/or updated per the needs of the department and by management.
Associated topics: management, manager i, manager facilities, operations manager, property manager, representative, resident, senior care, supervisor, supervisory
* Estimated salary
More Jobs Hiring Near Me!