Mid-Level Electrical Engineer
Compensation: $85,965.00 - $161,610.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Loading some great jobs for you...
Join a team that has been partnering with our clients for more than 100 years to improve the quality of life around the world. When it comes to energy generation and transformation as well as locks and navigation projects, we design with the next generation in mind. We operate with the strength of a $3B company paired with the agility of a specialized power and dams group, to deliver some of the most iconic and cutting edge projects around the world. This proud legacy has fostered a culture of innovation and safety, leading our team to design the world's most impactful power and dam projects-projects vital to both local and global communities.
The Bellevue office of Stantec Consulting Services, Inc. (Stantec) is seeking qualified candidates for a Mid-Level Electrical Engineer position supporting our Power & Dams Engineering group.
At Stantec we believe growing a great engineering consulting and construction services company happens from the inside out. We look for people who are motivated to use every talent they possess, plus apply imagination, determination, and a drive to do the extraordinary. We believe that building a great career is as important as Building a Better World.
Stantec is a global leader in the provision of strategic planning, design, construction and engineering program management services for projects around the world. We focus on water and natural resources - providing services to a full range of water-related projects and programs ranging from water supply, treatment and storage, dams, water management for the natural resources industry and coastal restoration to renewable power and environmental services.
If working on the most challenging water and natural resources projects around the world, building on your talents through knowledge-sharing with some of the world's top talent appeals to you, join us.
Your Key Responsibilities
* Work with a multi-discipline group of engineers and technicians for the engineering and design of balance of plant equipment, switchgear (low and medium voltage), generator buses, distribution and main power transformers, low voltage motor control centers and power distribution switchboards, control and protection systems, communications systems, cabling (cable trays and conduits) and wiring, lighting, grounding and lightning protection for hydroelectric projects.
* Prepare load flow and short circuit studies for electrical power systems for hydroelectric generating plant and high voltage substations using ETAP and SKM software.
* Design and preparation of technical specifications and drawings in CADD (AutoCAD).
* Support proposal development and other business development activities.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* Comply with all company, Federal, and project site policies and procedures.
* Follow Stantec and client safe work practices and adhere to all company guidelines and policies for planning and executing work in a safe manner.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
* Familiarity with standards and codes involved in design and installation of electrical equipment, including US based standards and IEC equivalents. In depth knowledge of US National Electrical Code (NFPA 70) is required, plus familiarity with National Electrical Safety Code (ANSI C2) and arc flash standards.
* Experience with controls and protective relay systems in generating equipment, medium voltage switchgear, and high voltage switchyards.
* Experience designing SCADA systems.
* Experience with Schematic and Wiring diagram design and drafting.
* Experience with AutoCAD required.
* Experience with Microsoft Word and Excel required; experience with Microsoft Project and Access is a plus.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills (in English).
Education and Experience
To view the full job description
Associated topics: dsp, electrical engineer, image processing, lighting, msee, renewable, rf, signal processing, solar, stationary engineer
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...