At Spire, we believe energy exists to help people. To enrich their lives, grow their businesses, advance their communities. It s a simple idea, but one that s at the heart of our business. We re dedicated to understanding our customers needs and goals to better serve them today and tomorrow. That s why we re always looking for driven, collaborative people to join our team. Because we believe that offering our customers the best service means bringing together the best people.
We value safety, inclusion, and integrity. We connect to people, get the job done, and leave a memory and everything about our culture comes back to one thing: a handshake at the front door. We have 4 essential behaviors that show how the Spire culture comes to life:
Living Spire Behaviors
We Collaborate: We reach across boundaries to connect with each other and deliver on our promises. We put teamwork first, knowing that our collective energy makes us stronger.
We Care: We create good memories by treating people how we want to be treated: We are inclusive, respectful and kind. We actively create a caring culture that feels like a handshake at the front door.
We Advance: We are active learners who never stop looking for ways to innovate and improve ourselves, and our company. We embrace ongoing development and process improvement with passion and tenacity.
We Have Perspective: We strive to gain additional perspective about Spire s business and the ever-changing energy industry. We know that every employee plays an important role in Spire s success, and we give our best to better understand how to help move the company forward.
Spire is seeking a safety intern to assist the Manager, Safety by conducting onsite safety audits, attending department safety meetings to supply content, and being a resource for safety concerns. This position will also assist in post-accident and near miss investigations. This position will also interface with the claims departments and act as an integral part of the internal safety training.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with onsite safety audits and accurately log and maintain a record of the visit
- Attend department safety meetings and provide guidance and input with supervision
- Act as a resource for safety related items
- Document and maintain safety records
- Perform hazard assessments
- Perform other duties as assigned
Essential Characteristics and Competencies
Required Education (certifications, licenses)
- Working towards a degree in safety or engineering
Required knowledge, skill and abilities
- Ability to demonstrate the core and job category competencies: customer-focused, results-driven, teamwork, communications, adaptability, initiative, problem solving and quality
- Ability to lead by example in support of the Company s essential characteristics and values: strong ethics and integrity, dedication to a safe work environment, commitment to a diverse workforce that recognizes and respects every individual s unique skills and perspectives
- Ability to adapt and perform in an ever changing fast paced environment.
Physical demands, environment and schedule
- Work is normally performed in an open, shared office environment
- Typically, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday
- Additional time beyond normal work hours is sometimes required to meet target timeframes for completing special projects or studies
- Limited travel may be required
We Have Perspective
Spire accepts online applications through our career site at jobs.spireenergy.com
Posting requirements: The above posting description is intended to describe the general nature of the level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are reppresentative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Spire, Inc., and its subsidiaries are Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity in all areas, including but not necessarily limited to, recruitment, selection, training, education, compensation, benefits, promotion, job transfer, upgrading, separation and recall regardless of the individual's race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, and/or other protected categories under all Federal, State, and local laws. For more information , please view our integrity and inclusion pages of our career site.
Associated topics: constable, gauge, hazard, health, hospital, inspector, nursing, usda, wastewater, wastewater treatment plant