Life Safety Manager
Sodexo in Grand Forks, ND
- Industry: Engineering - Environmental Engineer
- Type: Full Time
- Compensation: $74,950.00 - 102,960.00 / Year*
RELOCATION ASSISTANCE AVAILABLE!
You want high visibility, challenging opportunities and a rewarding environment.
Sodexo is seeking a Facilities Life Safety Manager for a growing hospital located in Grand Forks, North Dakota. This is primarily a day shift opportunity, but the selected candidate will need to be flexible to work additional hours as needed including some weekends and holidays.
This role maintains continuous survey readiness through compliance with regulations from a number of regulatory agencies, including The Joint Commission (TJC), the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), and the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA)
The position will be responsible for implementing and maintaining the Environment of Care Program, which includes safety and security management, fire safety, hazardous materials and waste management, medical equipment, utilities management and emergency management.
Manage and maintain EOC and life safety compliance:
- Coordinate the Environment of Care, Safety, Security, Emergency Preparedness, Medical Equipment, Hazardous Materials and Waste Management, Life Safety, and Utilities as they directly relate to the health care setting and the overall environment of care.
- Identify risks based on regulatory interpretation and other methods, and apply to policy creation.
- Oversight of EOC in efforts to maintain high standards of safety, regulatory compliance, maintaining documentation of findings and improvements.
- Participate in incident investigation to identify causal factors.
- Monitor potential and actual environmental hazards. Participate in root cause analysis.
- Recommends remedial and corrective action.
- Provides technical guidance to management, surveyors, and other appropriate parties regarding occupational health and safety-related problems regarding accreditation standards.
- Develop and implement educational programs for EOC regulatory readiness.
- Provide policy and procedure interpretation and education as it applies to the EOC, Life Safety, and Emergency Management Plans.
- Conduct research and applicable regulations/standards concerning workplace safety and integrate findings into policies and procedures to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Maintain the EOC policy and procedure repository and revision process.
- Maintain and continuously improve Management Plans, including the EOC, Life Safety, and Emergency management plans ensuring that compliance with regulatory standards and implementation at the health care system.
- Maintain regulatory readiness documentation, ensuring system is in compliance with regulatory standards and that they personnel are trained and ready for regulatory inspections.
- a minimum of five years of experience in safety management, facilities management or quality improvement within a health care facility.
- a Bachelor s Degree preferred
- Certified Healthcare Facilities Manager (CHFM) preferred
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and career growth opportunities.
Make an Immediate Impact.
Are you a strategic Facilities professional who can drive innovation with exceptional results? As you grow your career, do you want the support of an industry leader in Facilities Management?
Sodexo is the North American leader for Quality of Life Services. More than 150,000 Sodexo employees work to improve the quality of daily life for our 13,000 client sites in North America. Sodexo partners with clients to help them attain their strategic vision by developing Facility Management service solutions that increase the effectiveness of their people, enhance their business processes and optimize their infrastructure, which deliver tangible outcomes.
Our client portfolio spans multiple markets across the nation including education, corporate services, health care and government services, which means we can offer a career full of variety, challenge and tremendous growth opportunities.
Back up to GM; 2nd in command; Supervises the account as the #2 manager and has full responsibility including supervision of other managers. Responsible for entire account when the Director of Facilities Ops is not present.Two scenarios for this position in Univ.:A) Has all facilities rolling up Custodial / maintenance and grounds, and FM who reports to GM; very large integrated operation.B) Mega account multiple managers of maintenance; PM function; other specific managers unifying position.
Key Duties- Manage other managers; manage by walking around (rounding); Staffs, trains, and is responsible for employee development- client interface; - payroll oversight;- budgetary oversight on some services; - Oversees and coordinates projects- Manages work orders/CMMS- Manages mechanicals (i.e. HVAC)- Manages QA and Safety
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor s Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 5 years
Basic Functional Experience - 3 years work experience in facilities maintenance, plant operations or engineering services
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.
Associated topics: environmental engineer, environmental health safety, environmental protection agency, epa, glacier, hazardous material, landfill, pollution, water engineer, water safety
* Estimated salary
More Jobs Hiring Near Me!