Environmental Services / Custodial Manager 2
Sodexo in Philadelphia, PA
- Industry: Facility Maintenance - Director/Property Manager
- Type: Full Time
- Compensation: $94,273.33 - 149,200.00 / Year*
Use your best in class housekeeping/custodial management skills to make a real impact on patient healing.
Sodexo is seeking an Environmental Services / Custodial Manager 2 for Penn Presbyterian Medical Center located in Philadelphia, PA. Penn Presbyterian is a full service union account. This is a 2nd shift position (2:00PM-12:00AM) managing a team of 30 with some weekend and holidays required depending on the needs of the business. This position supports this progressive organization by providing leadership for our Environmental team in the delivery of safe, sanitary and innovative services to our patients, customers and hospital employees in a variety of settings. Prior Environmental Services/housekeeping experience is required, must be results driven, understand employee engagement, and be committed to a winning culture. This role will support floor care projects, payroll, and lead the team in engagement. Preferred candidates will have experience in Environmental Services, Hotels housekeeping and/or Custodial Services, military service, and excellent customer service skills. Sodexo is seeking a true self-starter who can lead a team under minimal supervision.
Our Sodexo Health Care Environmental Services/Housekeeping teams work to direct housekeeping operations at health care client locations, partnering with them to deliver innovative solutions. These teams also have responsibility for driving client satisfaction by providing stellar customer service via effective communication with all levels of hospital staff, as well as follow-through with action items that impact both client and patient satisfaction. At Sodexo Health Care, patients are the heart of everything we do. Our ability to create a clean, healthy and comfortable environment for hospitals is key to the full patient experience.
The successful candidate will:
- be responsible for driving client and patient satisfaction scores;
- provide a clean and safe environment for patients, visitors and staff and works closely with the Infectious Control department;
- work with the Environment of Care Committee and Infection Prevention Director;
- effectively manages the Unit Operating System; and/or
- support a diverse and inclusive workforce.
- have experience leading and managing a team and is a leader who develops and motivates a team to exceed the expectations of clients and customers in service and the technical execution of a health care housekeeping system;
- have experience driving customer service and/or guest satisfaction results in a health care environment is preferred;
- possess strong leadership skills and can work independently to drive program compliance and reach project target dates of completion;
- can analyze data, present and effectively communicate to all levels within the organization related to training, leading hospital committees and change management;
- have experience effectively managing projects within agreed upon timelines;
- are results and safety driven;
- have in-depth knowledge of housekeeping systems and procedures;
- have experience with vendor and contract management, as well as union and contract negotiations;
- have experience improving patient satisfaction, and driving full compliance to HCAHPS, local, state and Joint Commission standards;
- have 3-5 years previous custodial / housekeeping or similar management experience., in a hospital, health care experience preferred but not required;
- have strong financial acumen and budget management experience;
- can multi-task and set priorities;
- are proficient with computers and other technology
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Environmental Service/Housekeeping positions in Health Care and Senior Living locations across the United States. Continue your search for ES/Housekeeping jobs.
Working for Sodexo:
Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and career growth opportunities.
Provides management oversight for Environmental Services non-exempt level staff (client and/or Sodexo employees) in the delivery of Sodexo Environmental Service Programs. Ensures Sodexo Operating Standards for Environmental Service are in place as required to consistently meet all company, client, and regulatory requirements. Responsible for non-exempt work force planning through effective scheduling, development of daily work flow assignments, training and development, and monitoring for compliance to the plan.
Key Duties-Establishes a safe work environment for clients, customers and staff by ensuring equipment safety and compliance with Sodexo safety and loss prevention programs and by providing safety-related training and equipment inventory maintenance.
-Provide leadership and direction to non-exempt employees-Coordinate/conduct employee training-Administer Human Resource processes (hiring, performance reviews, constructive counseling, prepare work schedules, payroll, etc.)-Interact with outside vendors-Ensure Sodexo Operating Standards for Environmental Service are in place and consistently met.-Develop/implement action plans for improvement in compliance with Sodexo Operating Standards as identified. -Reviews and maintains assigned areas of the Sodexo/Client budget commitments
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree or equivalent experience
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.
Associated topics: facilities, general manager, manage, management, manager, manager i, office manager, representative, resident, supervisory
* Estimated salary
More Jobs Hiring Near Me!