- Select Energy
- $68,415.00 -124,480.00/year*
139 Madison Ave
Business Unit: Water Transfer
This position is responsible for diagnosing mechanical problems, repairing and rebuilding equipment on or off-site. Will maintain diesel equipment operation by completing inspections and preventative maintenance requirements, correcting vehicle deficiencies, making adjustments and alignments, and keeping records. Each employee is responsible and accountable for conducting their job tasks in a safe, healthy, and environmentally prudent manner. The mechanic must have their own hand tools.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Duties may include the following: (other duties may be assigned)
* Maintain transportation fleet in a manner that ensures the safety and protection of employees, clients and general public including the environment.
* Conducting periodic inspections.
* Reviewing daily pre and post-trip reports.
* Correcting identified deficiencies.
* Scheduling and oversight of major repairs.
* Completing required documentation.
* Excellent communication will be required; Open communication with management on status of repairs and/or maintenance.
Maintain shop and field workplace by:
* Ensuring a clean, safe work environment at all times.
* Maintaining shop and field maintenance equipment including periodic calibration where required.
* Identifying and maintaining an inventory of high-use, common maintenance items.
* Function \"on-call\" in order to respond to emergency call-outs.
* Controlling costs of in-house and outsourced maintenance or repairs thru use of warranty and vendor evaluation.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required:
* Must possess valid driver's license and be eligible to drive a company vehicle according to Select's insurance guidelines.
* High School diploma or GED.
* Heavy duty truck mechanic experience.
* Air brake knowledge.
* Ability to trouble-shoot electrical, mechanical, diesel engine problems, as well as hydraulic, pump, and vacuum equipment.
* Experience working on tractor trailers.
* Basic welding skills.
* Ability to understand necessary safety procedures and precautions.
* Intermediate knowledge of computer/lap top.
* Knowledge of the oil and gas industry, preferred.
* Intermediate knowledge of hand tools/power tools.
* Ability to travel to off-site locations for repair.
* Must be able to use battery and charging system test equipment.
* Ability to successfully pass pre-employment and random DOT alcohol and drug screenings, background check, road test, and driving record review.
* Certificates, Licenses and Registrations.
* Class A CDL with tanker and air brake endorsements.
* Wears personnel protective equipment as required.
* Requires physical and mental ability to operate water and brine transportation truck and all associated equipment.
* Demonstrated ability to perform rigorous outside and indoor duties including walking standing, climbing, stooping, squatting, bending, twisting kneeling, reaching, sitting, lifting, grasping, pushing, pulling, and manual dexterity.
* Ability to lift a minimum of 125 pounds.
* Good fine motor skills, coordination, range of motion and grip strength.
* Work in extreme hot and cold weather.
* Will be exposed to loud noise levels.
* Operate hand/power tools for long periods of time.
* Work in an environment with dirt, grease and dust.
* Ability to work safely around heavy machinery and heavy equipment.
* Ability to hold air impact tools up to 30lbs.
Select Energy Services participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, Select is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (DHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment. Select only uses E-Verify once you have accepted a job offer and completed the Form I-9.
* Job Family Active Jobs
* Pay Type Hourly
Thank you for your application.* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...