Are you ready to make a difference?
School Specialty is dedicated to changing education for the better. That means working closely with educators, sharing experience, and traveling into unchartered territories together. Are you ready to join us on the journey?
Our 21st Century Safe School addresses learning from the social, emotional and physical perspective. Without safety, a 21st century education cannot exist.
We are looking for a self-motivated A+ player for the role of National Sales Manager to support our Safety & Security group, SSI GUARDIAN. SSI GUARDIAN has set the new standard in institutional safety, offering schools and organizations the most comprehensive solutions in the industry. As the industry leader, our comprehensive solutions are unrivaled, with the only university accredited active shooter training program in America. SSI Guardian is wholly owned subsidiary of School Specialty Inc.
This is a fast-paced environment. We are looking for an experienced fearless leader with a sales hunter mentality who can coach and develop direct reports. We seek a high energy professional with integrity who expects to win. Reporting directly to the President of SSI Guardian, this position will require passion and a strong commitment to mission. You will be afforded the unique opportunity to make our schools safer. You will also:
- Leads the assigned sales team within the US, through coaching, development and management of direct reports
- Maximize sales revenue by implementation of strategic plans to increase profitability and gain share
- Develops and manages cross departmental teams to align with and deliver on corporate objectives.
- Accurately forecast and manage to revenue streams and expenses for the assigned area
- Maintains and applies a broad understanding of financial management principles to ensure decisions are fiscally sound and responsible.
- Strengthens relationships with company resources to ensure efficient and consistent sales
- Collaborate and work effectively in a team selling environment to differentiate SSI in the market and provide value to the customer
- Makes customer satisfaction a priority by demonstrating Operational Acumen and collaborating with internal resources and programs.
- Provides customer insight and competitive intelligence to marketing and product development to drive innovative solutions
- Maintains safe and healthy working conditions within your team by ensuring all employees comply with company safety policies and procedures
We are looking for highly motivated sales professionals that want to be part of a winning team. We give you the opportunity to work at a company where you can contribute, grow, and make your own path to success. The rest is up to you.
Change is part of our daily routine, which means you have the chance to leverage your creativity and imagination every day. You ll be encouraged to push the envelope, to lead through action, and to innovate regardless of your role. We strive for nothing short of greatness. These aren t just words, this is how we work. Are you up for it?
Minimum Required Qualifications
- 8+ years of successful sales leadership/management
- Verifiable record of achievement in driving revenue through a team at the national level
- Understanding of professional marketing and business development strategies
- Proven track record of operating from a remote based location requiring travel at the national level
- Acceptable driving record, valid driver s license and insurance in a program compliant automobile
Preferred Knowledge and Skills
- Bachelor s degree or equivalent work experience
- Salesforce.com and Microsoft Office experience
- Protective safety and security background is strongly preferred
- Translates high level sales goals into regional strategies and tactics.
- Ability to motivate and mentor direct reports in order to meet sales objectives.
- Ability to develop consolidated sales budgets.
- Established professional network
- experience in emergency management, professional security or institutional safety
- Former military leadership experience is welcomed
Corporate Core Competencies
- Business Insight - Applying knowledge of business and the marketplace to advance the organization s goals.
- Customer Focus - Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
- Decision Quality - Making good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
- Action Oriented - Taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy and enthusiasm.
- Plans and Aligns - Planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals.
- Ensures Accountability - Holding self and others accountable to meet commitments.
- Drives Results - Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Collaborates - Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
- Communicates Effectively - Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
- Courage - Stepping up to address difficult issues, saying what needs to be said.
- Instills Trust - Gaining the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity.
- Self-Development - Actively seeking new ways to grow and be challenged using both formal and informal development channels.
- Manages Ambiguity - Operating effectively, even when things are not certain or the way forward is not clear.
Physical and Mental Demands
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, hear, use hands to type data, use a personal computer and telephone. This employee will frequently operate a vehicle and occasionally operate business machines. Specific vision abilities required in this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Mental demands include multi-tasking, decision making, problem solving, comparing, copying, computing, compiling, analyzing, coordinating, and synthesizing data.
Safety is every employee s first responsibility. We expect our employees to adhere to all safety practices, have the moral courage to stop other individuals from performing unsafe acts, and immediately report unsafe conditions.
Ability to travel 70% of time by air and car, includes weekend and overnight travel.
The national position is remote based working out of your home. The successful candidate will be domiciled in a major U.S. market with easy accessibility to a major airport. Preferred cities include Washington D.C., Chicago, Dallas, Miami, Los Angeles, etc. Other major markets will be acceptable.
All candidates must apply online at www.schoolspecialty.com/careers
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
- School Specialty, Inc. is a Drug Free Workplace. All applicants are subject to a drug screen and background check as a condition of employment.
- EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled
- If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at [Click Here to Email Your Resum ] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Associated topics: administrative, director of sales, leader, manager of sales, regional sales manager, sales leader, sales management, sales manager, supervisor, team leader