System Safety Engineer (Missile) (Newtown)
Compensation: $100,610.00 - $149,200.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Defense/Security Clearance
A successful candidate will work as part of a team analyzing equipment to identify hazards, categorize risk, and recommend mitigations to reduce the probability/severity of a mishap resulting in injury to personnel, equipment damage, and/or damage to the environment.
Candidates will collaborate with government personnel, vendors and the user community to ensure the safety Navy Missile systems. Job Description:Systems safety analysis of hardware and software in the area Navy Missile Systems, to include hypersonic technology. Prepare/update Safety Assessment Reports. Prepare/review/update Technical Data Packages and Presentation Materials in support of Safety Review Board Reviews including the Weapon System Explosive Safety Review Board (WSESRB) and Software Systems Safety Technical Review Panel (SSSTRP). Review System Requirements documentation to identify potential hazardous conditions and make recommendations to system design in collaboration with program staff. Perform operational analysis to identify potential deficiencies in operating procedures, training documentation, maintenance procedures, storage and handling procedures, and/or ordnance handling procedures. Make recommendations to resolve deficiencies. Review and make recommendations to test plans to ensure safety requirements are met. Assess Engineering Change Proposals (ECPs) and other system change requests to identify/verify safety risks.Collaborate with government vendors during the development of weapons systems. QualificationsRequired Education and Experience:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering or a technical related field, or military experience at E-7 or higher.
- 5+ years of experience
Desired QualificationsDesired Skills:
- Must currently possess or be able to obtain a Secret security clearance, interim clearance is acceptable.
- Experience conducting System Engineering Analysis, System Safety Analysis, Risk Management and/or Hazard Analysis
- Experience with MIL-STD 882E
- Experience working with US Navy or US Marine Corps combat systems or platforms, especially missile systems
- Experience operating, maintaining, testing, or analyzing weapons systems or complex mechanical or software systems especially those mentioned above
- Systems Engineering experience with US Navy or US Marine Corps weapons systems
- Experience preparing technical reports
My SAIC Benefits . - provided by Dice
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...