Food Safety Quality Assurance Tech
Russ Davis Wholesale has a great career opportunity for a full-time Food Safety Quality Assurance Technicians in our production facility located in Inver Grove Heights, MN. The Food Safety Quality Assurance Technician is responsible to ensure food safety and quality compliance by monitoring and documenting required checks including chemical levels, product specification, labels, good manufacturing practices (GMPs), temperatures, and operational procedures throughout the entire production process.
Get Crazy with your career! Join our team and grow with Russ Davis Wholesale!
100 % Employee-owned - Great Retirement (ESOP Plan)!
Great Benefit Packages Medical/Dental, Vision Reimbursement, Short & Long-Term Disability, Flex Spending Plans, Employee Assistance Program
Company Paid Basic Life & AD&D
Weekly Payroll Direct Deposit
Company Paid Holidays
Paid Time Off (PTO) Starts on Day 1!
Schedule: Start time 8:00 a.m. until work is complete Days off: Monday/Saturday
High School diploma
1-2 years previous Food Safety and/or Quality Assurance experience in food industry (Preferred).
Associate degree in Food Science or related field preferred
Good written and verbal communication skills; must maintain professional relationship with internal and external contacts
Bi-Lingual (English/Spanish) is a plus.
Good organization, prioritization, multi-tasking and attention to detail skills.
Must have basic mathematical and literacy skills to read and document temperatures, weights, etc. of products and have a general understanding of weight relationships.
Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office.
Must be able to work weekends, holidays, day and night hours, and overtime as necessary and as assigned, and must be able to work in the conditions specified for 8 10 hour shifts.
Must be able to work in various work environments (i.e. refrigerated coolers, wet, etc.) on a frequent basis.
Must be able to successfully pass pre-employment, background and drug screen.
PCQI a plus; must be able to achieve within first 90-days
Basic SQF training
Join our team today!
EEO: Russ Davis Wholesale welcomes diversity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment and individual opportunity to all job applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other status as protected by federal, state and local government.
1) Conduct pre-operational and operational inspections daily to ensure a sanitary production environment.
2) Report, complete necessary paperwork and follow through with issues noted during pre-op and operational inspections to assure completion.
3) Monitor production floor, warehouse and coolers to ensure GMP s are being followed.
4) Monitor operational cleaning by day sanitation for compliance to established SSOP s. Document infractions, corrective actions and preventative action on SSOP s. Assure Corrective and Preventative action takes place in a timely manner.
5) Work with production on any product deviations or WIP to assure proper trace back is maintained and meets food safety requirements.
6) Verify materials needing HOLD status are put on HOLD and follow up when the product is ready for release or disposal.
7) Follow GMP s and walk production floor to ensure GMP s are being adhered to.
8) Assist in conducting shelf life analysis sampling.
9) Assist with customer complaint investigation.
10) Perform production chemical checks and regulating chemical levels to ensure food safety compliance; monitor and record chemical and wash water levels and make adjustments as needed, product specification/labeling and required mechanical information throughout the entire production process
11) Perform analysis on the incoming ingredients, record the results and report and deviations.
12) Provide feedback and corrective action recommendations to associates regarding quality/food safety and good manufacturing practices (GMPs) with courtesy and professionalism.
13) Conduct pre-operational and operational microbiological swabs as needed; maintain temperature logs using appropriate equipment (i.e. thermometers).
14) Complete HACCP (Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points), SQF (Safe Quality Food) and USDA (US Department of Agriculture) paperwork in a timely and accurate manner.
15) Ensure proper slotting for finished product and complete a quality check of finished product(s); investigate product issues identified, review labels to identify any potential labeling issue and communicate necessary changes in a timely manner.
16) Respond to questions presented while on the floor regarding product quality, food safety, chemical safety, product specification or other quality related items.
17) Maintain order and safety of work environment.
18) May be responsible to assist with preparing samples for customers according to appropriate product specifications.
19) Provide positive, creative feedback with ideas for food safety, product/quality systems development and improvement.
20) Maintain current knowledge of USDA and FDA regulations, industry trend.
Launch your career - Create your profile now!Create your Profile
Loading some great jobs for you...