Traffic Safety Instructor
Compensation: $84,880.00 - $125,280.00 /year *
Employment Type: Part-Time
Loading some great jobs for you...
Position Title: Traffic Safety Instructor
Division: Business & Learning Support
Department: Traffic Safety Program
Employee Status: Part-time
FLSA: Non-exempt (hourly)
ICCB Classification: Professional/Technical
Issued: August 2019
Reports to: Direction is received from the Traffic Safety Program Director.
Supervision Exercised: None.
Instruct non-credit Traffic Safety Program courses across various locations across northern Illinois. In a cooperative effort with the courts in the 15th and 17th Judicial Circuits, and based on an effective, proven curriculum developed by the National Safety Council (NSC), the Traffic Safety instructor educates individuals with minor traffic offenses on defensive driving best practices to help prevent future injuries and potentially save lives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Additional related duties may be assigned.
* Demonstrate a passion for helping participants improve their driving in a non-judgmental manner.
* Arrive one hour prior to scheduled class time to ensure proper classroom setup before students arrive.
* Arrange smart classroom equipment before class with little to no tech support; improvise when necessary.
* Authenticate students' identities using the identification they provide.
* Instruct up to 35 students in four-hour class sessions during weekday, evening, Saturday morning, and/or Saturday afternoons.
* Ensure all attendance verification materials are returned to the Traffic Safety office in a timely manner, following established protocol.
* Attend occasional department meetings when available.
* Notify office staff when classroom books or supplies are running low and if there are any classroom or student concerns.
* Know the most recent rules of the road to deliver correct information when asked.
* Commit to a schedule at least 3-4 months ahead of time.
* Adhere to regular attendance and punctuality.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* High School diploma or equivalent.
* Ability to maintain composure and effectively manage disruptive students.
* Passion for teaching and helping others.
* Enthusiasm for keeping roadway communities safe.
* Effective communication skills.
* Reliable transportation to instructional facilities.
* Basic knowledge of Spanish preferred.
* Law enforcement or other service personnel experience desirable.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in a classroom setting.
Physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers to handle, feel, or operate objects, tools, or controls, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand, talk, and hear, and is also required to bend or squat and lift up to 25 lbs.
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...