This is an exciting time to be joining PSEG. Our commitments, which include safety, integrity, customer focus, and diversity & inclusion, are the fabric of our culture and help drive the success of our business. We are fortunate to have an outstanding workforce of diverse and highly skilled talent who move us forward in our operational excellence journey. PSEG has more than 12,000 employees who are dedicated to the communities we serve and embody our vision: People providing Safe, Reliable, Economic and Greener Energy.
PSEG is a diversified energy company headquartered in Newark, N.J. Established in 1903. The company has long had a key role in fueling New Jersey's economy and supporting the state's quality of life. Public Service Electric and Gas (PSE&G) is New Jersey's largest provider of electric and gas service ? serving 2.2 million electric customers and 1.8 million gas customers. Another member of the PSEG family of companies, PSEG Long Island, operates the electric transmission and distribution system of the Long Island Power Authority, with 1.1 million customers.
PSEG also owns and operates a diverse fleet of power plants with approximately 10,600 megawatts of generating capacity located primarily in the Mid-Atlantic and Northeast regions and has solar energy facilities throughout the United States.
PSEG is a Fortune 500 company included in the S&P 500 Index and is a decade-long member of the Dow Jones North America Sustainability Index. PSEG has approximately 13,000 employees, who are carrying forward a proud tradition of dedicated service that has continued over more than 100 years.
This position has a career path which provides for promotional opportunities as you develop and evolve in the position; gaining experience, expertise and acquiring and applying technical skills.
Immigration Support will not be provided in association with this position now or in the future.
Duties include (but not limited to):
* Prepare detailed and high-level cost estimates for electric transmission, distribution and substation projects.
* Prepare conceptual cost estimates from one-line diagrams and general arrangement drawings.
* Analyze drawings and perform take-offs to prepare detailed labor, materials and equipment estimates.
* Develop detailed bid estimates, evaluations and analysis to assist in the performance of contractor reviews.
* Prepare cost estimate reports as requested by management.
* Communicate with project management and internal stakeholders on proposed changes and adjustments to cost estimates.
* Establish a mechanism to continuously update cost and man-hour databases.
* Collects, analyzes and archives project estimate and cost data. Develops historical documentation.
* Assess estimate accuracy by tracking actuals against the project cost estimate.
* As an employee of PSEG LI, you should be aware that during storm restoration efforts, you may be required to perform functions outside of your routine duties and on a schedule that may be different from normal operations.
Education and Qualifications (required):
* BS/BA in Engineering, Construction or Business discipline.
* Knowledge of Work and Cost Breakdown Structures.
* Understanding of conceptual and detailed design estimating.
* Ability to understand labor, material and equipment cost estimating.
* Must be a self-starter capable of seeking out project related information from Project Stakeholders.
* Must be customer focused and encourages teamwork.
* Ability to interpret electric system one line diagrams and general arrangement drawings.
* Interpret and understand project requirements.
* Must have effective problem-solving and decision-making skills, strong planning and organizing skills, must be adaptable and results-oriented.
* Ability to work in a team climate whereby team members are able to discuss relevant issues freely and where there is a strong emphasis on continuous improvement, questioning the value of every activity and creating better solutions.
* Must have strong written and verbal communications skills.
* Proficient with Microsoft Excel.
* This position requires driving to company locations and off-site assignments and events, applicants must possess a valid driver's license with a safe and satisfactory driver history.
* Preferred MS/MA in Engineering/Construction/Business.
* Familiarity with substation and transmission line equipment and operations.
* Knowledge of electric utility operating policies, processes, and procedures (FERC/NERC, Sarbanes ? Oxley requirements).
* Estimating experience with a concentration in High Voltage Substation/Transmission.
* Previous experience with SAGE Timberline or other Estimating Software is a plus.
* Excellent communication skills.
As an employee of PSE&G or PSEG Long Island, you should be aware that during storm restoration efforts, you may be required to perform functions outside of your routine duties and on a schedule that may be different from normal operations.
This site ( is strictly for candidates who are not currently PSEG employees. PSEG employees must apply for jobs internally through empower which can be accessed through the mypseg homepage by clicking on the employee center tab, then under the empower header, choose careers.
Business needs may cause PSEG to cancel or delay filling position at any time during the selection process.
Certain positions at the Company may require you to have access to Part 810-Controlled Information. Under the law, the Company is limited in who it can share this information with and in certain circumstances it is necessary to obtain specific authorization before the Company can share this information. Accordingly, if the position does require access to this information, you must complete a 10 CFR Part 810 Export Control Compliance Nationality Request Form, a copy of which will be provided to you by Talent Acquisition if an offer is made. If there is a need for specific authorization, due to the time it takes to obtain authorization from the government, we will likely not be able to further proceed with an offer.
Public Service Enterprise Group (PSEG) is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment, including the hiring process, based on any legal protected characteristic. Legally protected characteristics included, race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law in locations where PSEG employs individuals.
Need to request an accommodation?
If you have a disability and need assistance submitting your resume, applying for a position or registering for a test, please call 973-###-####. Any information provided regarding a disability will be kept strictly confidential and will not be shared with anyone involved in making a hiring decision.