Applications must be submitted by March 20, 2019.
Department: Southern NM Gas & Oil Plants
* Emphasis on Mark VI controls
* Gas & Oil fired generation experience
* Electrical experience
* Instrument & Controls experience
* Proficiency in using a computerized maintenance management system (CMMS)
* Four years' experience as a Control Instrument Electrical Journeyman in an industrial setting
* Associates degree in I&C (Instrumentation & Controls) or Electrical
DEPARTMENT: POWER PRODUCTION - GAS & OIL FIRED PLANTS
DUTIES: Under the general directive supervision of assigned supervisor:
Directs apprentices, skilled, and semi-skilled workers in performing
a variety of duties.
Operate, repair, and maintain gas-turbine engines and associated equipment. Maintains and repairs programmable logic controllers, pneumatic controllers, and digital control systems associated with PNM power production and environmental equipment.
Installs, tests, troubleshoots and performs maintenance on all instrument and electrical devices. Performs minor maintenance on mechanical devices.
Instructs personnel in the proper and safe way to perform their duties and in the use of tools and equipment; provides safety training instructions and is responsible for the general safety of personnel and in administering first aid to injured persons when necessary; may work in areas requiring caution and use of safety devices; conforms with all safety policies and work standards established by the Company; complies with apprentice requirements in the training of apprentices.
Performs other related and assigned duties.
* High school diploma or equivalent
* Completion of a four year accredited Control Instrument & Electrical Apprenticeship program or at least four years work experience as a Control Instrument Electrical Journeyman in an industrial setting.
* Requires broad knowledge of tools and test instruments used in the instrument & electrical field.
* Requires ability to work with others in a team setting, independently and interfacing with other departments.
* Ability to read and understand instrument & electrical drawings and symbols.
* Requires ability to work in confined areas and off of ladders, elevated platforms and equipment of various heights.
* Must pass aptitude testing.
Salary Grade: U44
$45.47 per hour
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT
PNM Resources and affiliates are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers. Women, minorities, disabled individuals and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Return to Previous Page
Associated topics: autocad, chemical engineer, circuit, develop, developer, designer, drawing, mechanical, mechanical engineer, plc