Director, Gas Operations Training
Compensation: $116,050.00 - $127,490.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Executive Management
Loading some great jobs for you...
Requisition ID # 37564
Job Category : Human Resources
Job Level : Director/Chief
Business Unit: Human Resources
Job Location : San Ramon
PG&E Academy governs and provides learning solutions, enabling employees to safely, competently and compliantly demonstrate the knowledge, skills and behaviors necessary to provide service to our customers.
The Director of Gas Operations Training will work with Gas Operations leaders in PG&E to help govern and execute the training priorities to meet their operational goals. The Director will lead the Gas Operations Technical Delivery and Curriculum Development Teams, providing strategic direction for the organization, identifying industry trends and best practices, and driving continuous improvement opportunities. Work with Delivery Team Leaders, (Managers & Supervisors) on an ongoing basis to ensure that we have the best qualified instructors teaching PG&E Academy training courses. Work with Curriculum Development Team Managers drive quality and innovative learning solutions that align the business needs of the company. Work with Gas Operations Leaders to identify business metrics that will be used to help measure the impact of training initiatives, with the ability to communicate the results the value training contributed to moving the needle on the business metrics.
The Director of Gas Operations Training will report to the Senior Director, PG&E Academy.
- Responsible for the overall quality of Gas Operations training for PG&E Academy. Drive the quality and continuous improvement of technical delivery, and curriculum development. Co-lead Gas Training Governance to identify and govern training based on alignment to Gas Operations business needs and priorities.
- Drive the quality of training delivery. Qualify all instructors through the Instructor Excellence program, as well as certifying them to deliver each specific course in all areas (Gas, Electric, Equipment, Compliance, etc.). Implement a re-certification process and instructor observation process to continue to raise the bar on quality and skill set improvement.
Technical Curriculum Development
- Drive the quality of curriculum development leading the team to drive new and innovative learning solutions that meet a new generation of learners. Ensure that all initiatives are sponsored and tied to business metrics.
Manage the financials, both capital and expense
- Capital -Create the annual plan to support the teams to ensure the training infrastructure is well maintained and that it is kept up to date to support new training programs as needed.
- Expense ? Drive accountability with the Academy Gas Leaders to ensure an annual delivery and curriculum budget is in place with monthly forecasts against actuals updated and reviewed monthly resulting in end of year budget is brought in on target.
- Support all cross functional team efforts to identify, develop, and maintain the compliance training courses for PG&E. Work with Safety, Health and Claims, Environmental Safety, Human Resources, Compliance & Ethics, Legal, ISTS, Academy Operations, and the respective lines of business to identify by SAP Job, Position, and Person, the Mandatory and Required compliance training requirements for the enterprise, and deliver the required courses.
PG&E expects its leaders to conduct themselves with the highest ethics and integrity and to embody specific leadership qualities.
- Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
- Operating effectively, even when things are not certain or the way forward is not clear.
A Leader in the Community and Industry
- Effectively building formal and informal relationship networks inside and outside the organization.
- Anticipating and balancing the needs of multiple stakeholders.
Demonstrates Safety Leadership
- A safety champion in words and deeds with respect to both employee and public safety.
- Maintaining an environment of open dialog and free of retaliation.
Influences and Inspires
- Using various- communications that convey a clear understanding of the needs of different audiences.
- Maneuvering comfortably through complex policy, process, and people-related dynamics.
Optimizes Team Performance
- Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Creating a climate where people are developed and motivated to do their best to help the organization.
Values Diversity and Creates Inclusion
- Recognizing the value that different perspectives and cultures bring to an organization.
- Interpreting and applying understanding of key financial indicators to make better business decisions.
- Planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals.
Leads Ethically and in a Compliant Manner
- Sponsoring and sustaining a high integrity speak-up corporate culture which prioritizes ethics, safety and compliance.
- Building on necessary level of industry, company and subject-matter expertise, including laws and regulations.
Provides a High Level of Customer Service
- Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
- BA/BS or equivalent
- Minimum of 10 years? related experience or equivalent
- Leadership experience, 10 years
- Strong knowledge of learning systems
- Deep understanding of curriculum development
- Experience in managing education/learning teams, 7 years
- Experience in designing and deploying learning programs, 5 years
- Utility field experience
This position is located in San Ramon, CA.
Associated topics: cracker, fluid, growmark, ncra, operator, operation, pipeline, quarry, recycling, refinement operation
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...