Vehicle Safety Inspector/Operations Associate
Compensation: $63,190.00 - $114,330.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Loading some great jobs for you...
Hawaii State Vehicle Safety Inspector/Operations Associate supports a variety
of storage operations, projects and client service functions including
performing HI State Safety Inspections, receiving and surveying client vehicles
and equipment, completion of maintenance and related tasks during storage,
movement and staging of vehicles and equipment, completion of required
documentation, and client support.
Goals & Objectives:
Complete Hawaii State Safety
Inspections on all motor vehicles, including Commercial, Military or Privately
Owned, according to the laws and regulations of the state of Hawaii.Receive, survey, and reposition vehicles and equipment
in accordance with internal processes and client and contract requirements.Move and stage commercial customer cargo.Complete and document assigned maintenance and
related tasks.Complete all necessary documentation accurately
and thoroughly within required timeframes.Perform customer service and office support
tasks.Vehicle Safety Inspector/Operations AssociateJob Summary:
The Licensed Hawaii State Vehicle Safety Inspector/Operations Associate supports a variety of storage operations, projects and client service functions including performing HI State Safety Inspections, receiving and surveying client vehicles and equipment, completion of maintenance and related tasks during storage, movement and staging of vehicles and equipment, completion of required documentation, and client support.Goals & Objectives:
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Complete Hawaii State Safety Inspections on all motor vehicles, including Commercial, Military or Privately Owned, according to the laws and regulations of the state of Hawaii.
- Receive, survey, and reposition vehicles and equipment in accordance with internal processes and client and contract requirements.
- Move and stage commercial customer cargo.
- Complete and document assigned maintenance and related tasks.
- Complete all necessary documentation accurately and thoroughly within required timeframes.
- Perform customer service and office support tasks.
Education, Experience & Certification Requirements:
- Document results of Motor Vehicle Safety Inspections and issue inspection certificates as required by state law.
- Inspect and inventory all inbound/outbound GSA and other storage vehicles and equipment for condition and content, on the Vehicle Inspection and Shipping Form.
- Follow all procedures dictated by corporate policy, client requirements and Storage Agreements and other contracts.
- Provide excellent customer service and support to customers and designated representatives.
- Operate client and company vehicles and equipment in a safe and thoughtful manner to minimize personal, vehicle, and facility injury /damage while in our custody and care.
- Reposition vehicles and equipment within and between sites as directed.
- Park and stage vehicles and equipment in the Barbers Point facility in appropriately designated areas to allow safe and proper identification of all vehicles.
- Maintain a clean and safe work area.
- Complete assigned tasks to ensure ongoing maintenance of site grounds, office trailers and structures.
- Support managers in completion of projects and initiatives and assist in training exercises.
- Perform data entry, inventory tracking and reporting, telephone communication, and e-mail correspondence as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned
Key Skills, Knowledge & Ability Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- 2+ years experience as an automotive mechanic.
- Valid License or Certification from the state of Hawaii to complete Hawaii State Safety Inspections on all motor vehicles, including Commercial, Military or Privately Owned according to the laws and regulation of the state of Hawaii.
- Valid state issued driver s license and acceptable driving record required.
- Transportation Worker Identity Credential (TWIC) card required.
- Ability to drive automatic and manual transmission vehicles and equipment safely.
- Ability to operate a forklift in a safe and proficient manner.
- Self-motivated and able to work under pressure with minimal supervision.
- Good customer service and phone skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Good organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to demonstrate accountability and reliability.
- Proficient in the use of computer terminals and handheld computerized devices
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office products at the following levels:
- Word, Excel, Outlook: Basic level of skill
Physical Demands, Work Environment & Travel:
- Delivers Results rigorously drives self and others to achieve high levels of individual and organization performance.
- Makes Sound Business Decisions makes timely and well-informed decisions that advance critical priorities, capitalize on new opportunities, and resolve problems.
- Focuses on the Customer and Market continuously evaluates what is important to the customer/client and develops products or solutions that exceed expectations.
Position includes work indoors in an office environment as well as outdoors in hot/humid, cold, and other inclement weather conditions.
Must be able to lift 50 pounds, and perform work while standing/walking for the majority of the day.
Must be able to reach, bend, crouch, climb, and enter/exit vehicles of various sizes and heights.
Must be able to safely handle and manipulate tools necessary to perform maintenance tasks on vehicles as well as light maintenance tasks around the facility.
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...