- NYPD Recruit
- $68,510.00 -95,230.00/year*
4 Emil Ct
Job Description HIRING RATE: $62,272.00 (Flat -Annual)
The New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOHMH)'s Office of Emergency Preparedness and Response (OEPR) was created to promote DOHMH's and NYC's ability to prevent, prepare for, respond to, and recover from health emergencies. OEPR is responsible for coordinating agency-wide emergency preparedness planning, exercises and training, evaluation of incident response and exercise performance as well as coordinating with community stakeholders, city, state, and federal partners on public health emergency planning and response. We work with healthcare partners to optimize the provision of health services during a large-scale disaster.
OEPR's work focuses on promoting and protecting public health through emergency preparedness and response, and recognizes that social inequities negatively impact our efforts to maintain and improve the health of NYC during and after a disaster. With these inequities in mind, OEPR is also working to improve its application of a social justice and racial equity lens to its emergency preparedness and response work. OEPR's employees are expected to align their work with OEPR's efforts to combat the harmful effects of systemic injustices on communities and work towards the most equitable post-disaster public health outcomes possible. Check out our project impact stories at:
DUTIES WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
* Assist with and conduct research and analysis using a variety of quantitative methods across the Bureau of Emergency Field Operations including the Planning and Training, Operations and Logistics, and Clinical Planning Units.
* Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to develop and maintain procedures, systems, and applications to support emergency field operations.
* Help lead teams across Operations, DOHMH's Division of Informatics, Information Technology and Telecommunications, and the NYC Department of Information Technology and Telecommunications on ways to best leverage, utilize, and even establish standards on the use and application of data, data formats, and data analytical tools across projects.
* Act as a Project Manager to identify gaps in programmatic and IT related processes and ensure improvements are being addressed.
* Assist in the development of targeted reports, dashboards and data visualization models that surface key information about emergency field operations data.
* Support the conduct of geographic information system research and processes to improve staff and deployment and population targeting using geocoding and geospatial analysis.
* Assist with the conduct of trainings, including facilitating training modules and reviewing training curriculum.
* Participate in the development and implementation of exercises and drills.
* Conduct ad-hoc analyses and research to provide additional analytic support as needed to inform planning efforts and to support other units.
* Serve as a key member of the DOHMH Incident Command System during emergency responses, which may include 24 hour availability. Minimum Qual Requirements 1. For Assignment Level I (only physical, biological and environmental sciences and public health) A master's degree from an accredited college or university with a specialization in an appropriate field of physical, biological or environmental science or in public health.
To be appointed to Assignment Level II and above, candidates must have:
1. A doctorate degree from an accredited college or university with specialization in an appropriate field of physical, biological, environmental or social science and one year of full-time experience in a responsible supervisory, administrative or research capacity in the appropriate field of specialization; or
2. A master's degree from an accredited college or university with specialization in an appropriate field of physical, biological, environmental or social science and three years of responsible full-time research experience in the appropriate field of specialization; or
3. Education and/or experience which is equivalent to \"1\" or \"2\" above. However, all candidates must have at least a master's degree in an appropriate field of specialization and at least two years of experience described in \"2\" above. Two years as a City Research Scientist Level I can be substituted for the experience required in \"1\" and \"2\" above.
Appointments to this position are subject to a minimum probationary period of one year. Preferred Skills - Experience managing, blending, analyzing, and reporting on quantitative data from multiple sources;
- Ability to develop and manage multiple IT related projects;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to design research projects, synthesize results, and present findings and recommendations succinctly;
- Strong organizational ability including excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities, interpersonal skills, research skills and written and oral communication skills;
- Ability to work both independently and with all levels of staff, exercising a high degree of initiative to accomplish tasks and solve problems;
- Experience working for or with federal, state or local government;
- Experience with data management software, geographic information systems (GIS), statistical programs (R, Python), data visualization software (Tableau, Power BI), and relational database systems (SQL, Oracle Business Intelligence).
- Coding skills, in languages such as: R, SQL, Python, SAS, SPSS, or STATA. Additional Information **IMPORTANT NOTES TO ALL CANDIDATES:
Please note: If you are called for an interview you will be required to bring to your interview copies of original documentation, such as:
A document that establishes identity for employment eligibility, such as: A Valid U.S. Passport, Permanent Resident Card/Green Card, or Driver s license.
Proof of Education according to the education requirements of the civil service title.
Proof of Address/NYC Residency dated within the last 60 days, such as: Recent Utility Bill (i.e. Telephone, Cable, Mobile Phone)
Additional documentation may be required to evaluate your qualification as outlined in this posting s Minimum Qualification Requirements section. Examples of additional documentation may be, but not limited to: college transcript, experience verification or professional trade licenses.
If after your interview you are the selected candidate you will be contacted to schedule an on-boarding appointment. By the time of this appointment you will be asked to produce the originals of the above documents along with your original Social Security card.
The federal government provides student loan forgiveness through its Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF) to all qualifying public service employees. Working with the DOHMH qualifies you as a public service employee and you may be able to take advantage of this program while working full-time and meeting the program s other requirements.
Please visit the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program site to view the eligibility requirements:
\"FINAL APPOINTMENTS ARE SUBJECT TO OFFICE OF MANAGEMENT & BUDGET APPROVAL To Apply Apply online with a cover letter to In the Job ID search bar, enter: job ID number # 398412.
We appreciate the interest and thank all applicants who apply, but only those candidates under consideration will be contacted.
The NYC Health Department is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and culturally responsive workforce. We strongly encourage people of color, people with disabilities, veterans, women, and lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender and gender non-conforming persons to apply.
All applicants will be considered without regard to actual or perceived race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, marital or parental status, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, age, prior record of arrest; or any other basis prohibited by law. Residency Requirement New York City residency is generally required within 90 days of appointment. However, City Employees in certain titles who have worked for the City for 2 continuous years may also be eligible to reside in Nassau, Suffolk, Putnam, Westchester, Rockland, or Orange County. To determine if the residency requirement applies to you, please discuss with the agency representative at the time of interview.
Associated topics: cognitive, forensic, forensic scientist, genomic, neuropsychologist, pathologist, research, science, technical, technologist
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...