- Northern Westchester Hospital
- $87,183.33 -134,240.00/year*
As an Environmental Service Worker you will perform cleaning duties as well as other tasks performed by the Environmental Services Department. Adhere to NS-LIJHS/departmental policies and procedures and JCAHO/regulatory agency requirements.
* Demonstrate good judgment and organization skills when performing cleaning duties on units.
* Responsible for maintaining equipment, carts and closets daily.
* Clean and service patient rooms, offices, lavatories, conference rooms, lounges, exam rooms, on-call rooms, clean and dirty utility rooms, showers daily.
* Trash removal, vacuuming carpets, dry mop and wet mop floors, high and low dusting of furniture, walls, ledges and fixtures.
* Refill all paper towel, toilet paper, seat cover and soap dispensers daily.
* Knowledgeable of all environmental cleaning products (chemicals) and their proper usage (dilutions) as per manufacturer's recommendations.
* Notify supervisor immediately of any injuries (accidents), safety issues or serious personnel situation.
* Responsible for cleaning, disinfecting of patient rooms upon discharge, as well as, cycle cleaning of isolation rooms as per department and infection control standards.
* Clean Operating rooms between cases, terminally clean OR rooms at the end of the day.
* Collect trash from dirty utility room and dispose of same.
* Remove all cardboard and dispose of same.
* Collect regulated waste and transport to storage trailer.
* Responsible for removal and hanging of cubicle curtains, when necessary.
* Must be flexible in assuming required assignments and able to show good judgment and initiative.
* Physical Demands: Ability to fill and dump 3 - 5 gallon pails filled with water (weighing up to 25 pounds). Ability to move cleaning cart on wheels (filled with supplies - weighing up to 100 pounds). Ability to step up on a safety stool 2 - 4 steps. Ability to lift hands over head to hang and take down cubicle curtains (weighing up to 20 pounds), wash ceilings, walls and high windows. Ability to move patient furniture. Requires continuous moving, lifting and bending (for 7 1/2 hour shifts). Must be able to communicate face-to-face and by telephone.
* High School Diploma or equivalent, preferred.
* Environmental Services experience in a hospital, preferred.
* Must possess effective communication skills.
Associated topics: air, air monitoring, ecology, environment, environmental science, food, ocean, sustainability, water, wetlands
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...