Spvr Environmental Svcs
Compensation: $91,590.00 - $134,240.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
- Associates degree or equivalent, required. Bachelor's degree, preferred.
- Course work on hospital environmental services or institutional management, preferred.
- Minimum of two (2) years as Environmental Services experience, required.
- Supervisory experience, preferred.
Transforming care, optimizing patient satisfaction and creating better patient outcomes are just some of the things our talented team members are doing at North Shore-LIJ each and every day. As a culture committed to providing our customers with the highest quality service, we stand behind our core values: Patients first; Caring; Excellence; Innovation; Integrity and Teamwork. It is our commitment and our culture that sets us apart from others and is the cornerstone of everything we do. Join an organization whose team members are valued, cared for and offered continuous opportunities to grow. Click on the link to learn more about us: www.northshorelij.com/goals Please note: North Shore-LIJ is a smoke-free environment.
Smoking and the use of tobacco products is strictly prohibited anywhere on campus, including parking lots and outdoor areas on the premises.Free smoking cessation programs and quit medications are offered to team members who wish to quit through the North Shore-LIJ Center for Tobacco Control. Job Description
As a Supervisor for Environmental Services you will supervise and coordinate the staff and daily operations of the Environmental Services Department. Implement established policies and procedures as they pertain to Environmental Sanitation. Responsibilities Include:
- Inspects and monitors discharge cleaning of patient rooms. Coordinates room cleaning with Bed Management and Teletracking process.
- Submits patient room surveys, quality performance inspection sheets, terminal and cyclical cleaning inspection sheets, C-Diff inspection sheets.
- Prompt and decisive disciplinary action in accordance with Hospital policy and procedure. Discusses with Director/Associate Director of Department.
- Prepares daily assignment schedules to include established routine duties, as well as special areas to be cleaned to maintain adequate services at all times, to all areas. Efficient scheduling of personnel for assigned units.
- Daily rounds of assigned units to insure that quality service is being provided and personnel are in assigned areas.
- Inspects all Environmental Services equipment for cleanliness and condition in assigned areas and takes corrective action whenever needed, including disciplinary action.
- Maintains a positive and professional appearance and relationships with all other departments, especially the nursing administration on assigned duty.
- Write daily supervisor reports, submitted to the Director/Associate Director of the department to identify problems, needs or accomplishments on his/her shift.
- Assists in training and orientation of new personnel in proper cleaning methods, procedures for use of equipment and supplies. Evaluates work of personnel.
- Attends all hospital sponsored workshops and seminars as assigned.
- Keeps accurate records upon distribution and collection of supplies/equipment from staff.
- Observes and determines the needs for project work within assigned areas and submits list of these projects to Associate Director with supervisors' reports.
- Inspects hospital equipment and furnishing such as beds, cabinets, etc., and places work orders to Plant Operations as necessary.
- Serves as a role model and resource person to all staff.
- Physical Demands: Must be able to freely move around the hospital. Constant standing, walking and stair-climbing. Frequent stooping, bending, stretching, lifting, pulling, pushing, and turning. Visual ability to inspect the cleanliness of any area of the hospital. Occasional sitting.
Associated topics: clinical, constable, emr, environment, healthy, hospital, treatment, usda, waste, wastewater treatment plant
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...