General Service Mechanic
Compensation: $42,160.00 - $68,070.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
High School Diploma or equivalent, required. Technical and/or trade school, preferred.
Minimum of three (3) years experience as maintenance mechanic performing Journeymen's work in carpentry, plumbing, electrical or HVAC installations.
Minimum of one (1) year Hospital work experience, required.
Possess a good knowledge of construction codes and standards
Certificates of Instruction form Department of Air Resources, preferred.
Certificate of Fitness from NYC Fire Department for Standpipe and Sprinkler Systems, Bulk Oxygen Systems and Oxygen though a blowpipe, preferred.
Ability to use various power and hand tools, ladders and plumbing equipment, including welding, brazing and soldering equipment.
Read, write and speak English to understand and interpret written and verbal instructions.Job Description
Constructs, repairs and maintains fixtures, furniture, structural woodwork, interior and exterior masonry, etc., using hand and/or power tools.
1. Performs routine repairs, maintenance and installation of building components, equipment as directed.
2. Checks building on a regular basis and performs maintenance, plumbing, and minor electrical and painting as indicated.
3. Performs monthly P.M.'s on equipment. Ex. Fire Extinguishers, smoke detectors (Batteries), etc.
4. Installs and repairs hardware such as door closures, window parts, lock and louvers. Installs shelving, cabinetwork and bulletin boards, etc.
5. Repairs partitiioins, ceilings (replaces tiles), floor tiles, doors, plumbing fixtures and supports, etc. as assigned.
6. Changes and cleans filters for ventilations system.
7. Uses all standard plumbing and mechanic's tools and equipment including, saws, grinder, pipe threaders, levels, etc to efficiently complete tasks.
8. Perform burning, welding or brazing operations at the direction of the Lead General Service Mechanic or Associate Director.
9. Visually inspects and observes operation of mechanical systems. Reports, malfunctions to Supervisor.
10. Performs detailed work from work orders as assigned. Notifies Supervisor of materials needed for completion of job.
11. Is responsible for the proper use of material, equipment and tools.
12. Must maintain prescribed safety procedures when performing job duties.
13. Must clean up debris associated with a particular assignment.
14. May be assigned a helper for special projects.
15. Dismantles, cleans and lubricates and reassembles machinery and equipment as assigned.
16. Performs related duties as required.*ADA Essential Functions
Physical Demands: Must be able to stand and work for prolonged periods of time. Must be able to lift and move heavy materials and equipment, weighing up to approximately 100 lbs. Must have acceptable corrected visual acuity.* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...