Electrical Engineer, HMI Hardware Team
Compensation: $100,570.00 - $162,390.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Loading some great jobs for you...
You re passionate about a zero-emissions future and want to build something special. You want to own your space but work with talented, like-minded people on important projects. The pace doesn t scare you, it excites you. Quality and integrity matter to you.We feel exactly the same way.
Drive Forward. Introduce yourself to us and let s start a conversation.
We're now looking for an experienced mid-level Electrical Engineer
that will help build, design and validate/test architecture, hardware interfaces, schematics, communication networks, and vehicle system requirements in order to meet functionality, safety, and reliability objectives. This individual will be part of a team for the development of the functional hardware and human interfacing specifications for Infotainment modules including Vehicle Head Unit / Central Gateway module, Communications/Telematics Control Unit, Instrument Cluster, Amplifier, and display infotainment information.
As part of this role, you'll be designing and developing high-performance test solutions in the lab/ Bench for design verification, characterization, qualification of protos, modules and other devices. You'll be the main point of contact leading process and procedures for Jira-Atlassian and Jama SW platform deployments for the HMI Hardware Team. You'll customize workflows, maintain version control, tool configuration, manage release cycles, create filters & custom dashboards, validate SW tools and manage project schedules that align with product development and release dates.Additionally, you will:
- Be involved in all phases of product development, including definition, design for testability, test hardware and software design, hands-on debug, and characterization
- Support the resolution of key technical issues that impact the cockpit/infotainment system
- Use schematic and layout tools such as Altium, PADs, Cadence ALLEGRO or other circuit CAD tools in the design of Printed Circuit Boards for prototypes, Infotainment modules and test HW/fixtures
- Design, develop and debug, cost-effective test HW/SW solutions for characterization and verification tests for automation with lab equipment using languages such as LabVIEW, C/C++ or Python
- Define, plan and lead activities, including, test method & measurement system development and validation, fixture design and testing optimization in support of Design Verification
- Write, implement and lead work/test bench studies, tolerance stack-up analysis, design verification, validation, vendor interactions, materials specifications, and component specifications
- Perform environmental and durability/life testing using test chambers and other lab equipment
- Write specification documentation, test plans, and evaluation reports, including engineering studies and design verification activities
- Work with other design engineers in validating/correlating new test HW/SW solutions for bench reference data
- Conduct and encourage frequent formal and informal communication with the various team to ensure full engagement and efficient operation.
- Actively build on personal skills, expertise, and competencies. Ensure that technical lessons are reviewed, learned, and disseminated.
- Bachelor s degree (Master s degree a plus) in Electrical Engineering or relevant technical discipline such as Electronics Engineering, with 5+ years of experience analyzing and debugging analog and digital circuits
- 3+ years of experience with Automotive Infotainment System (interfaces, communication protocols, and architecture) is preferred. Knowledge of Human Factors, Human-Machine Interfaces (HMI), a plus
- Electrical Engineering Architecture experience and design layout tools such as PREEvision, Lucidchart, Visio, UML diagram tools preferred, but not required
- Strong time management, prioritizing and multi-tasking skills to work within tight deadlines. Experience with Jira & Jama tools & concepts preferred, but not required.
- Experience and working knowledge of digital communication protocols and troubleshooting / debugging processes and analysis tools (Vector: CANalyzer, Kvaser: CANking)
- Experience and working knowledge of Gigabit Ethernet 100Base-T1/ 1000Base-T1, LVDS, I2C, I2S, SPI, USB C, RS232, RS485, PCI Express
- Experience in thermal design for electronics and electronics enclosures, EMC/EMI best practices and debugging.
- Circuit characterization and validation testing, debugging and soldering experience is required
- Hands-on experience with lab equipment: Oscilloscope, Power Supplies, DMM, power meter, Network analyzer, Signal generators, Spectrum analyzers, and etcetera
- Strong creative, analytical and problem-solving skills required.
- Understanding basic concepts of design for testability (DFT) implementation & strategies, the capability to provide input to design groups to ensure reliable and accurate testing is a plus
- Good communication skills and the ability to work with design teams both locally and remotely at different geographical locations
- Proven capability to troubleshoot SMT circuits using oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, logic analyzers, etc.
This position is not eligible for CPT or OPT.
Associated topics: electricity, grid, hybrid, insulator, kv, line, lineman, microgrid, recloser, wire
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...