- NESCO Resource
1784 Elmore Ave
Check out similar listings!
Loading some great jobs for you...
Java/J2EE Application Technical Specialist (Individual contributor) - Contractor
This is an individual contributor role and this person needs to be a strong developer
Work collaboratively with stake holders e.g. Product Owners, Team Lead, Developers, Software Architects, and QA in successful delivery of user stories/requirements.
Bring innovative ideas and drive engineering practices on team.
Work in fast paced Agile environment
Responsible for working with tech lead on the team to create optimal application design, provide effort estimates and ensuring that implementation follows designs
Collaborate with design and development teams to develop code that is functional, maintainable, and in compliance with defined coding standards
Support less experienced team members and uplift their skills
Identify, drive and contribute to continuous improvement initiatives on team
Champion innovation and continuous improvement within the team
Participate in team's agile ceremonies (Sprint planning, daily stand up, retrospective etc.)
Learn new technologies and stay informed of industry trends
Effectively manage and prioritize multiple tasks
Understand the use of technology and how its implementation affects strategic business goals
Preferred (but not required) qualifications
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Computer Applications, Electrical Engineering, Electronics Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or a related field
- Minimum 10+ years of J2EE and server side Java development experience
- Design, build, test and deliver high quality, complex frameworks and systems and diagnose and resolve complex issues
- In depth knowledge of Object Oriented Programming principles, SOLID principles and modern design patterns.
- Experience with multi-tier distributed systems, SOA / Web Services
- Extensive experience with common MVC frameworks (e.g. JSF, Struts, Spring MVC)
- Knowledge of Spring Inversion of Control and Aspect Oriented Programming
- Evaluate application performance and address any issues (e.g. related to scalability , stability)
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices including coding standard, code reviews, source code management, build process, testing, and operations
- Solid analytical & problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and team orientation skills
- Basic understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3 and XHTML
- Basic understanding of CSS pre-processing platforms (e.g. Sass, LESS)
- Familiarity with web application security issues and security by design principles
- Familiarity with CICS, DB2, SQL
- Familiarity with Agile practices
- Basic understanding of task automation tools/toolkits and build scripts (e.g. Jenkins, Maven, Ant)
- Experience with Atlassian products such as JIRA, Confluence, and BitBucket
- Knowledge on developing accessibility compliant web sites (WCAG 2.0 AA)
- Experience with Web Content Management Systems
Associated topics: builder, civil, civil engineer, heat transfer, leak, maintenance, mechanical engineer, meter, thermodynamic, turbine
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.