Under direct supervision of the maintenance foreman and mine foreman, is responsible for general maintenance, servicing, installation and construction of mine mobile and stationary equipment. This role works on a shift rotation schedule. Responsibilities
General Working Conditions:
Works in an underground mine where temperatures range from 78 to 100F. or surface areas of an underground mine. Work areas are generally dry. Lighting is provided in certain areas, however, most lighting is by cap lamp and/or equipment lighting. Uneven floor conditions exist and floor may become polished resulting in slippery footing. Work must be done around equipment and machinery that maybe in motion. Work will also be near energized power cables. This position requires attention be paid to roof and rib conditions when underground. Exposed to temperature extremes and surface. This role works with elevation to main lift. Qualifications
1) Must be capable of lifting 65# on a frequent basis.
2) Requires mounting and dismounting of mechanics truck and other mobile and stationary equipment many times per day.
3) Must be able to see clearly with only cap lamp or equipment lighting.
4) Must be able to walk over terrain varying from soft to hard as well as slick and uneven.
5) Must be capable of operating lube truck, forklift and lubrication equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
6) Must be familiar with lubrication charts and lubrication requirements for mobile and stationary equipment.
7) Must be familiar with J.S.A. for this job and be alert to any conditions which could pose a safety hazard or result in injury or equipment breakdown or damage, and to report or correct such conditions immediately.
8) Must be proficient in hydraulic and pneumatic troubleshooting and repair.
9) Must be highly skilled in diesel engine troubleshooting and repair.
10) Must be proficient in welding and burning.
11) Must be proficient in reading and working from fabrication drawings, hydraulic prints and schematics, and automotive type low voltage electrical schematics.
12) Must be proficient in diagnosing machine malfunctions, making adjustments, disassembling mechanical sub-assemblies. Replacing broken or worn parts and reassembling of mechanical sub-assemblies.
13) Fill out inspection sheets, timecards, and other reports properly.
14) Must be familiar with fire suppression equipment on mobile and stationary equipment.
15) Capable of assisting in the training of apprentices or employees of lesser skill.
16) Must be able to climb ladders up to 30 ft. in height.
1) May be required to do carpentry, pipefitting and painting.
2) Must be able to train other employees of safe job procedures of mechanic.
3) Performs other work as directed by Maintenance Foreman.