Sr. Electrical Engineer - Discipline Lead
Middough in Cleveland, OH
- Industry: Engineering - Electrical Engineer
- Type: Full Time
- Compensation: $92,340.00 - 131,690.00 / Year*
Sr. Electrical Engineer - Electrical Discipline Lead
The Discipline Lead (DL) is responsible for directing a discipline design team throughout the entire project cycle from initial concept through successful completion. DL s manage the organization, control, integration and completion of their discipline s part of a project or the design portion of a design/construct project to ensure that the goals and objectives are accomplished in accordance with the scope, budget, schedule and quality conditions as established by the terms of the contract and the client s requirements. The DL possesses sufficient technical knowledge and awareness of design details to recognize technical problems in assigned disciplines and to initiate appropriate corrective actions.
Responsible for planning, scheduling, conducting and coordinating the technical and management interface on assigned projects.
- Manages necessary resources for execution
- Collects and prepares data/information, performs detailed calculations, and writes formal technical reports.
- Develops technical specifications & data sheets, performs technical evaluation of bids, and recommends best value design which meets client requirements for operability, reliability, maintainability and safety.
- Serves as the main discipline interface to client on discipline issues and attends significant client meetings involving discipline issues.
- Reviews calculations and vendor drawings.
- Develops, updates, and monitors project discipline schedules, budgets, and staffing forecasts including Middough Work Process tools. (e.g. Project Schedule and DTSR)
- Reviews project/discipline deliverables for compliance with industry accepted design principles, company standards and customer contract specifications.
- Develops and maintains monthly project status reports.
- Identify changes in scope that will effect project schedule or Middough/client budgets,
Skills and Qualifications:
- 15+ years of electrical systems design experience in a consulting organization
- Knowledge of single line & schematic diagrams, PID s and NEC standards
- Accredited Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering
- PE license
- Experience in power distribution, substation and distribution hardware specification, power system modeling, control systems and hardware interfacing for projects in the process industries
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products
The characteristics described below are representative of those encountered while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing duties of this job, the employee will:
- frequently be required to stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, climb stairs and ladders, balance, stoop or kneel, talk and hear, and use fingers and hands to feel objects, tools or controls;
- frequently use up-close vision, distance vision, depth perceptions, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Overtime may be necessary as workloads dictate. This may include weekdays, weekends and/or holidays.
- The job may be performed in an office environment, but may require occasional overnight travel to a Client s office, production facility or industrial/construction job site. Conditions will vary at each location, but the conditions listed above will generally apply.
- The employee may be assigned to work at a client s office, facility or site for an extended period of time. Conditions will vary at each location, but the conditions listed above will generally apply. When working outside Middough s office, appropriate safety training and safety equipment will be provided by Middough and/or Client, as required.
Middough Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of diversity and actively recruits minority, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Associated topics: adapter, circuit, design, electric, electrical engineer, kv, power, schema, wire, wiring
* Estimated salary
More Jobs Hiring Near Me!