Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century. Merck's success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck Manufacturing Division, MMD, is a team of dedicated, energetic individuals who are committed to being the most trusted supplier of pharmaceuticals and health products worldwide. Our facilities, along with our external contractors, suppliers, and partners, comprise an interdependent global manufacturing network that's committed to delivering a compliant, reliable supply to customers and patients on time, every time, across the globe.
The Environmental Monitoring Techician position at the Elkton, Va Merck Manufacturing site is a key contributor in our Quality Operations units that helps ensure products made are safe and compliant. EM Technician role will work primarly within the grade facility in an aseptic manner, requiring gowning. This person works on shift potentially alone or with one other person and performs duties including but not limited to;
* collecting environmental monitoring samples (viable surface/air and non viable air) of process areas * environmental monitoring plate reads * gowning training and certifications * microbiological and chemical sampling of process water * clean steam and compressed gas sampling and testing * data management activities * facilities qualification testing * visual inspection (ANSI Testing) * assisting with protocol testing as needed * prepping and maintenance of all supplies and equipment. * utilizing standard operating procedures to perform their work and making updates to those procedures when necessary in alignment with management.
Education Minimum Requirement:
* B.S. degree in chemistry, biology, or related sciences or an Associate's Degree and 5 years GMP, GLP, GxP lab experience. Should be proficient in standard laboratory techniques and laboratory data management systems. Previous laboratory experience desirable.
Required Experience and Skills:
* Capable of working alone, and managing work loaded that is directed. * Computer skills are required, should be proficient in standard laboratory techniques
Preferred Experience and Skills:
* Experience with lab data management systems,currently (LIMS/Handel), is preferred. * Experience with microbiology and aseptic technique is advantageous. Training will be provided. * Experience with cGMP
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we're counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we're inventing for life.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to ...@merck.com.
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
OFCCP EEO Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran - proudly embracing diversity in all of it's manifestations.
Job: MARJB UNITE
Employee Status: Regular
Number of Openings: 3
Shift (if applicable): Other (see Work Schedule)
Company Trade Name: Merck
Nearest Major Market: Harrisonburg
Nearest Secondary Market: Virginia
Associated topics: agriculture, agrosciences, air, air monitoring, bioassay, farm, ocean, sustainable, water monitoring, wetlands
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.