PPL Power Consultant (Holyoke)
Compensation: $116,070.00 - $174,640.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Loading some great jobs for you...
McDermott is looking for a Lummus Consultants - Principal Consultant for Power Project Services located in the Canton office.
Lummus Consultants is an autonomous international business within Lummus Technology, that provides technical due diligence to lenders, investors, owners, sellers, buyers and project developers and is looking for an experienced engineer in our power sector. This individual should have knowledge and experience in providing expert technical and operational consultation for the assessment of existing or new build conventional power generation projects that includes at a minimum gas-fired and coal-fired generation technologies.Key Responsibilities/Accountabilities:
- Responsible for providing the expert technical review of new build or existing conventional power projects
- Have a solid working knowledge of equipment including combustion turbines, boilers, steam turbines, generators, transformers, air quality control equipment
- Lead technical due diligence activities including review of technology, design, execution plans, O&M and performance metrics, project capital costs, and contracts
- Lead a site assessment team as part of the due diligence activities and should be comfortable with interviewing plant staff
- Able to quickly assess material issues based on past experience with other projects
- Write clear and concise reports; coordinate activities with other team members, and relay the results of the due diligence to the client or the client s advisors
- Carry out multiple (short duration) projects concurrently, meeting tight client deadlines
- Will be required to support business development, marketing and proposal development efforts
- Additional business areas may be identified based on the candidate s work history, strengths, and interests
The position requires an individual with:
- A broad knowledge of conventional power generation design and technology
- Ability to review a new build project cost including the engineering, procurement, and construction costs, owner s costs, and contingency
- Knowledge to be able to monitor new build construction
- Capability to assess the condition of equipment at an existing power plant
- Hands on operations and maintenance experience at a power plant
- Capability to assess power plant operations and maintenance requirements and forecast annual operations and maintenance cost projections for new build and existing generation assets
- Ability to forecast the necessary capital expenditure budget to ensure reliable long term operation of the project for new build and existing generation assets
- Capability to assess the power plants performance including output, heat rate, and availability
- A degree-educated Engineer; MBA is beneficial but not required
- Fifteen years relevant professional experience in the power sector
- Strong knowledge of power generation technology and equipment design, operation, and condition
- With the growing application of renewable generation and energy storage, an individual with knowledge and experience with battery energy storage systems or wind/solar generation is favorable
- Previous consulting experience as a lender s technical advisor is highly beneficial
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are important to write reports, interface with clients and internal team.
- Strong writing skills
- The candidate should have strong interpersonal skills and an ability to interact with peers and clients from different nationalities and cultures
- Demonstrated project management skills
This individual will work as part of a team evaluating the technology, conceptual design, capital costs for new build projects, O&M cost and capital expenditure projections for new and existing power generation facilities, equipment condition of existing facilities, and plant performance.
The assignments may also include owner s engineer work, benchmarking, or feasibility studies. The position requires sufficient experience to lead or independently support an assignment.Office location and travel:
Canton, MA office. Relocation is not being offered.
Job-related travel (business trips usually requiring less than a two-week duration; often just one or two days) which includes international travel to project locations, is an important part of the work. Travel may average 10 to 30 percent.Company Overview:
McDermott is a premier, fully-integrated provider of technology, engineering and construction solutions to the energy industry. For more than a century, customers have trusted McDermott to design and build end-to-end infrastructure and technology solutions from the wellhead to the storage tank to transport and transform oil and gas into the products the world needs today.
Lummus Consultants Power Project Services provides technical and operational evaluations of capital projects in the power generation industry with a focus on examining issues surrounding the technical design, execution, and operation of projects. We evaluate technology, design development, contracting strategies, project costs, prospective contractors, proposed execution, schedule and proposed operations and maintenance, overall project performance and the technical inputs to the pro forma financial models, i.e. how each of these parameters will separately and collectively affect the overall project economic forecast.
Associated topics: answer, call, canvasser, financial, omni, oms, retail, salesperson, sell, trader
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...