Quality and Food Safety Associate (Elizabethtown, PA, US)
: $100,610.00 - $149,200.00 /year *
Loading some great jobs for you...
A mutually rewarding experience.
Work. Realize your ambitions. And realize theres more to being in business than just making a profit. Thats the Mars philosophy. And the opportunity we offer every one of our Associates. An opportunity to take what you do and make it mean more for you, for those around you and for the planet. What you get here is challenging, interesting work. You get the tools you need to do a great job and you get to have the best possible people on your side to help you do it. And at the same time as getting to find ways to do business better today than we did it yesterday and driving a great career, you also get to build a more enlightened business and drive sustainability.
Because its never just about a single person, a single project or a single brand. Its about how you can grab everything thats within your reach here and use it to pursue mutual, long-term gain. Its about having ideas. And ideals. Being prepared to risk failure because the promise of success means well all be a little better off. Its that mix of integrity and ambition that makes Mars such a special place to work. And why working here is always about more than just a job.
About Mars, Incorporated
Mars is a family-owned business with more than a century of history making diverse products and offering services for people and the pets people love. With almost $35 billion in sales, the company is a global business that produces some of the worlds best-loved brands: M&Ms, SNICKERS, TWIX, MILKY WAY, DOVE, PEDIGREE, ROYAL CANIN, WHISKAS, EXTRA, ORBIT, 5, SKITTLES, UNCLE BENS, MARS DRINKS and COCOAVIA. Mars also provides veterinary health services that include BANFIELD Pet Hospitals, Blue Pearl, VCA and Pet Partners. Headquartered in McLean, VA, Mars operates in more than 80 countries. The Mars Five Principles Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency and Freedom inspire its more than 100,000 Associates to create value for all its partners and deliver growth they are proud of every day.
This position is the primary Quality and Food Safety (Q&FS) partner ('the face of R&D') for the Value Stream in providing technical leadership in the implementation and continuous improvement of the Quality Management Process (QMP) within the value stream that enable the reliable delivery of products that meet all external legislative requirements and all internal Quality & Food Safety global standards.
* Responsible for the quality agenda in the value stream (coordination, management). Drives Q&FS business initiatives at the value stream level * Q&FS lead in value stream FMOS meetings and quality reviews * Key interface for R&D related activities within the value stream. Conduct line trial risk assessment and endorse line trial/ raw material exception test forms prior to approval by site Q&FS manager. Represent Q&FS at handover meetings * Communicate value stream initiatives within the Site R&D community * Coordinate QMP in the value stream (CAPAs, internal audits, continuous improvement, document creation & control) * Implement global Mars standards into the value stream & drive to full compliance * Manage the food safety program within the value stream including achieving compliance with any required external standards (e.g. FSCC 22000, GFSI) including responsibility as the site Preventive Controls Qualified Individual (PCQI) for Food Safety Modernization Act. HACCP/Food Safety Plans lead for the value stream. Govern the GMP/GHP and CCP/OPRP programs within the value stream * First line Q&FS incident management including handling coordination with outside stakeholders when needed - incident coordinator until RA1. Lead root cause analysis investigation of incidents. Track and report on incident closure * Accountable for managing an effective corrective/preventive plan, including verification of effective implementation * Follow up consumer & customer complaints, Lead consumer and customer complaints action plan within value stream * Visual Product Quality implementation in the value stream * Technical input to Value Stream related activities (new equipment installation, etc.) * Conduct level 2 troubleshooting related to Q&FS and escalate to PPTS for level 3 troubleshooting
Context and Scope
* This role is a member of both the Value stream team and of the site Q&FS team * The job holder partners with the Value stream team and also holds them accountable on Q&FS matters, challenging the status quo to drive quality improvement. * Main interfaces outside Q&FS are with Supply (Operations, Reliability, and Engineering), PPTS and packaging R&D. * Collaborates with the operators in the value stream on root cause analysis and escalates to support departments or areas as required. Uses existing procedures to solve standard problems, analyzes information and standard practices to make judgements and recommendations.
Education & Professional
* BS degree in Food Science, Food Safety, Engineering, Chemistry or related technical field and internship in quality and food safety in a manufacturing environment * Combination of education and 5+ years of demonstrated success in manufacturing/ quality experience.
* 2-3 years of experience in different quality related areas such as raw materials, distribution, manufacturing or * 2-3 years of experience in a manufacturing site managing quality and food safety management systems responsible position related to food safety or Quality and food safety management system
* Understanding of key scientific principles associated with food & ingredients * Ability to work effectively in cross functional teams * Demonstrated capability to manage multiple priorities * Strong written and verbal communication skills * Strong presentation Skills * Ability to travel 10% of the time
* Food safety risk, identification and management, HACCP and prerequisite controls, GLP's * Knowledge of and experience with ISO 9001:2008 Quality Management Systems * Knowledge of GFSI Quality Systems such as SQF, BRC, FSSC22000 or ISO9000 * Knowledge of GMP, food allergens, pest control, sanitation, and food safety regulations * Ability to work in fast paced team environment * Demonstrated leadership capabilities in leading/influencing others * Excellent communication skills
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
Associated topics: constable, emr, health, hospital, physician, safety, sewer system, wastewater, wastewater treatment plant, water
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.