Loading some great jobs for you...
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where we apply science and technology to make the world a safer place; now one of 2020 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
We have an opening for an Administrative Specialist IV. Under minimal supervision, you will perform a full range of complex and difficult administrative assignments in a dynamic and fast-paced environment with frequent interruptions and conflicting priorities which require independent judgment and follow through. This position is in the Nuclear Threat Reduction Program within the Global Security Principal Associate Directorate.
- Represent management in daily matter to gather, clarify and disseminate information and coordinate activities; respond on their behalf on administrative matters to all levels of management, both internal and external to the Laboratory.
- Arrange complex travel and itineraries to include logistics for large groups being deployed with short notice; occasional travel required to manage documentation of activities in real time.
- Manage complex calendars which includes independently determining scheduling priorities.
- Coordinate external visits, including verification of security clearances, preparation of agenda, badging, and information dissemination.
- Plan organize and coordinate complex meetings and training events.
- Coordinate, select, and compile data from multiple sources for complex reports and presentations.
- Generate correspondence on own initiative and compose correspondence for management signature which may be sensitive in nature.
- Serve as a resource and interpret organizational policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Advanced secretarial and administrative knowledge and experience including accurate keyboarding, editing, grammar, and proofreading skills; advanced knowledge of office procedures, techniques, and methods.
- Advanced organizational skills, attention to detail, accuracy and follow through.
- Experience working under minimal supervision, in a multitask environment of rapidly changing priorities, deadlines, and frequent interruptions.
- Advanced communication and interpersonal skills necessary to interact effectively with a diverse workforce and represent the organization with all levels of management, internal and external to the Laboratory, using tact, diplomacy, and discretion.
- Problem-solving and decision-making skills to anticipate, identify, and independently recommend appropriate actions and solutions to complex administrative problems.
- Ability to be self-motivated and flexible, exercising a high degree of discretion and mature judgment in handling business sensitive and/or classified information, as well as personnel interactions.
- Advanced computer skills and experience with the Microsoft Office Suite and database and calendaring software, and the ability to learn new software quickly.
- Experience arranging complex domestic and/or foreign travel.
Pre-Employment Drug Test: External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.Security Clearance: This position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance. Also, you must have the ability to obtain and maintain Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) access. If you are selected, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. Q-level clearance requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold multiple citizenships (U.S. and another country), you may be required to renounce your non-U.S. citizenship before a DOE L or Q clearance will be processed/granted.
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL), located in the San Francisco Bay Area (East Bay), is a premier applied science laboratory that is part of the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) within the Department of Energy (DOE). LLNL's mission is strengthening national security by developing and applying cutting-edge science, technology, and engineering that respond with vision, quality, integrity, and technical excellence to scientific issues of national importance. The Laboratory has a current annual budget of about $2.3 billion, employing approximately 6,900 employees.
LLNL is an affirmative action/ equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Launch your career - Create your profile now!Create your Profile
Loading some great jobs for you...