Critical Environments Technicians
Compensation: $79,360.00 - $126,670.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Loading some great jobs for you...
Critical Facility Systems Technician
The Critical Systems Technician must have technical expertise and experience operating, maintaining, troubleshooting and repairing facility equipment and systems with a critical environment. Knowledge, skills and experience in data center power, cooling and fire protection systems preferred.
* Monitor operations and perform preventative maintenance and repairs to the mechanical (HVAC, plumbing, controls), electrical (lighting, motors, UPS/PDU, generators, primary switchgear), fire protection and life/safety systems for the facility.
* Maintenance of the equipment includes observing operation, inspecting, cleaning and changing parts to maintain the reliability and operation of the HVAC and electrical systems and associated equipment at optimum performance levels. Vendor supervision / escort, as part of major maintenance or repairs is also required. Duties also include documenting work activities in computer systems and entering work orders as needed.
* Follow and assist documenting standard operating procedures for operating, repairing and maintaining facility equipment. Record readings and make adjustments where necessary to ensure proper operation of equipment
* Monitor the quality of maintenance work performed by outside service providers. Follow all SOP documents.
* Safely operate the facility systems in accordance with all applicable government and regulatory requirements. Demonstrate safe behaviors. Identify and mitigate safety hazards and risks. Follow and enforce safety rules and work practices.
* Respond to customer requests in a timely and professional manner.
* Review monthly client service request summaries to pinpoint and correct recurrent operational problems.
* Comply with all policies for the safe storage, usage, and disposal of hazardous materials; maintain a clean and safe workplace.
* Assist facility management team with emergency response to power outages, equipment failures, fire alarms, chemical spills, hazardous
* conditions and take appropriate actions.
* Communicate effectively orally and in writing including summarizing observations, conditions and work activities in email, Word, Excel and in electronic work order records.
* Minimum five (5) years of experience in maintenance and repair of facility electrical and mechanical equipment and systems (power distribution and conditioning, HVAC, chilled water, fire protection, etc.).
* High school diploma or state equivalent required, minimum of two years of related trade schooling or two years of college.
* Working knowledge of computer applications including Word and Excel.
* Ability to perform all work using the proper personnel protective equipment (PPE) and in strict accordance with all applicable safety policies, procedures and practices required.
* Thorough knowledge of building systems to satisfy customer requirement while achieving operating costs (especially energy).
* Demonstrated aptitude for, and/or practical experience with, electrical and mechanical equipment/systems, as well as computer programs to control such equipment.
* Position requires frequent climbing, bending, kneeling, lifting, stooping, working/extending overhead.
* Valid U.S. driver's license and clean driving record required.
* Willingness to be on-call to respond to facility issues at least one week per month and to occasionally perform work after normal business hours (nights, weekends).
JLL Privacy Notice
Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL), together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading global provider of real estate and investment management services. We take our responsibility to protect the personal information provided to us seriously. Generally the personal information we collect from you are for the purposes of processing in connection with JLL's recruitment process. We endeavour to keep your personal information secure with appropriate level of security and keep for as long as we need it for legitimate business or legal reasons. We will then delete it safely and securely.
For more information about how JLL processes your personal data, please view our Candidate Privacy Statement.
For additional details please see our career site pages for each country.
For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy here.
Jones Lang LaSalle ('JLL') is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process - including the online application and/or overall selection process - you may email us at ...@am.jll.com. This email is only to request an accommodation. Please direct any other general recruiting inquiries to our Contact Us page > I want to work for JLL.
Associated topics: climate, environment, gauge, health, nursing, sewer system, treatment, wastewater, water, wwtp
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...