2020 Graduate - Civil EIT
Jones|Carter in Houston, TX
- Industry: Engineering - Environmental Engineer
- Type: Full Time
- Compensation: $104,955.00 - 165,270.00 / Year*
Expand Your Horizons with Jones|Carter!
Jones| Carter is an award-winning, full-service civil engineering, planning, surveying, and professional consulting firm assisting public and private sector clients in design, development, implementation, and execution of infrastructure projects. For over 40 years, we have assisted our clients in a variety of projects including water and wastewater treatment plants, storm drainage, transportation, planning, construction management, and surveying. We have 9 locations across Texas: Houston, Dallas, Fort Worth, Austin, The Woodlands, Rosenberg, College Station, Katy, and San Antonio. We currently employ over 500 experienced design professionals and support staff with plans for continued expansion and growth in our future.
Our personnel receive a competitive salary that also includes some PAID OVERTIME positions. Benefits include fully paid health, life AD&D, and long-term disability insurance with the option for dependent coverage. Other additional, voluntary programs consist of dental, additional life insurance, short-term disability, vision insurance, legal, identity theft protection, and flexible spending account programs. The company provides a 401k profit sharing plan, with a company match of up to 6% of the employee s contribution.
Jones| Carter is a leader in the civil engineering community. As we continue to grow and serve new areas, we've made a commitment to hold fast to our original mission: to help our clients be successful.
We truly are One Company. Unlimited Potential.
The master planning and design of plants, facilities, and pumping stations for the treatment and transport of all water types is a main focus of our Water practice. These critical operations produce potable drinking water, treat wastewater, reclaim water for reuse, and evacuate storm water flows with a specialty in transmission. The practice also specializes in designing electrical control systems, SCADA systems, and auxiliary power systems to complement these facilities. We have amassed an integral understanding of the environmental issues involved in providing valuable and dependable resources to the end user. Ultimately, our design encompasses more than just concrete, steel, and engineering; it considers access for maintenance, programs for long-term maintenance, power, and operational costs.
- Performs a variety of clearly defined assignments that require the application of standard design engineering techniques, procedures and criteria. Using prescribed methods, applies techniques to specific civil engineering or construction projects: this includes technical work like civil design calculations, reading and interpreting surveys, researching design options, writing technical reports, creating project reports, basic CADD review and drafting, and project task management.
- Reviews work for discrepancies or inconsistencies, adjusts and correlates data, and follows operations through a series of related detailed steps or processes to completion under the guidance of an experienced engineer.
- Supports mid and senior level engineers to complete planning, research preliminary design, and may be required to perform detailed design modeling tasks.
- Undertakes basic research on engineering conditions and laws and permitting organizations such as City, State and County officials to develop knowledge of permitting process and the application of codes to engineering assignments.
- Assists with the preparation of documentation including plans, maps, drawings, reports, data spreadsheets, specifications, supporting documents and permit applications.
- Bachelor s degree in Civil Engineering or a related engineering or science field;
- FE required to advance Engineer-In-Training designation must completed within 12 months of hire date;
- Valid TX driver s license and insurable driving record.
Jones|Carter is committed to providing equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and its employees. The Company strictly prohibits all discrimination on the basis of race, ancestry, color, age, national origin, ethnicity, religious creed or belief, physical or mental disability, marital or familial status, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, citizenship status, protected activity or any other status or classification protected by applicable federal, state, and/or local laws.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES: Please note that Jones|Carter does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, Jones|Carter will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Jones|Carter explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Jones|Carter.
Associated topics: clinical, fault, gauge, health, inspector, risk, sewer system, treatment, waste, wwtp
* Estimated salary
More Jobs Hiring Near Me!