Resident Assistant at Westlight
JBG Smith in Washington, DC
- Type: Full Time
- Compensation: $81,720.00 - 132,260.00 / Year*
The Resident Assistant is an integral part of the team whose main objective is to focus on creating a hassle-free living experience for our community residents. It s important that the employee in this position anticipates customer needs and assists proactively. With local knowledge and insights, the Resident Assistant will also work to enhance customer experiences, making their time at the community and the surrounding neighborhood much more enjoyable.
Work Schedule (Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 4:00pm)
Enhance the resident experience by creating and maintaining a warm, inviting, hassle-free and professional environment.
- Performs in unit package and dry-cleaning delivery
- Removes cardboard and packing supplies for new move-ins
- Assists with residents moves to the building
- Assists residents with pets, carrying bags, groceries, mail; etc.
- Calls taxis and assists with Uber
- Facilitates in-unit deliveries as needed
- Offers information pertaining to the neighborhood-points of interest, and entertainment attractions
- Personalizes each interaction to maximize the customer experience
- Demonstrates discretion and an understanding of confidentiality
- Anticipates the needs of our customers and seeks creative ways to exceed expectations
- Actively seeks ways to resolve issues or concerns with customer and business needs in mind
- Builds a sense of community such that residents feel comfortable and at home.
- Adapts to a constantly changing situations and personalities, ensuring quality service to all customers
- Projects warmth, care, and concern for all, along with proper etiquette
- Maintains a well-groomed appearance
- Leaves hand-written notes in resident apartment homes
- Other duties as assigned
- High school graduate, or possess equivalency
- A minimum of one-year experience in high-end customer service environment
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Prior administrative experience is preferred (i.e. answering phones, data entry, drafting written communications, taking messages, etc.)
- Respect, honesty, and integrity
- Exceptional organization and time management skills
- Ability to be pulled in many different directions and maintain composure
- Professional presentation
- Passion for service
- Strong work ethic
- Commitment to teamwork
- Adept at listening to others
- Dependability and adaptability
Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from clients, customers, and the public.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Other Skills and Abilities
Ability to operate basic office equipment such as copier, fax, computer, typewriter, calculator, and telephone.
Physical DemandsThe physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift/move up to 50 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee primarily works indoors but occasionally works in outside weather conditions. The employee regularly works near moving mechanical office equipment parts.
JBG SMITH is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected class, in accordance with applicable law.
* Estimated salary
More Jobs Hiring Near Me!