Electrical Engineer- Hardware
Honeywell in Kansas City, MO
- Industry: Scientific Research - Electronic Engineering/Computer Science
- Type: Full Time
- Compensation: $100,510.00 - 155,380.00 / Year*
Join the industry leader to design the next generation of breakthroughs
The future is what you make it.
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future. Working at Honeywell isnt just about developing cool things. Thats why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
Honeywells Federal Manufacturing & Technologies business manages the U. S. Department of Energys Kansas City National Security Campus in Missouri and New Mexico, manufacturing sophisticated mechanical, electronic and engineered-material components for our nation's defense system. Honeywell is on the leading edge of supplying engineering and manufacturing expertise for our nation's defense and national security. Visit kcnsc.doe.gov for more information about working for Honeywell at the Kansas City National Security Campus.
Build a multi-disciplinary team that can integrate proven and developmental sensor technologies into limited production products (dozens to hundreds of units) intended to be used in in-field operations include those in environments that challenge survivability. Team would emphasize building products that diagnose, characterize, and/or monitor electronic systems through contact and non-contact means.
Key enabling skill sets:
- Design of embedded digital electronics
- Applied RF design (e.g. integration of COTS/GOTS radio systems)
- Integration of sensor technologies (analog signal conditioning, analog to digital signal conversion, digital signal processing, etc.)
- Design of custom enclosures and cases (additive manufacturing, milling, injection molding, etc.)
- Design for environmental survivability (temp, humidity, dust & water ingress, shock, vibration, etc.)
- Design for usability (ergonomics, human/machine interaction, buttons, displays, etc.)
- Design of production test equipment
- Translation of customer need statements into technical requirements
- Support to limited production activities (writing work instructions, developing product specification for outsourcing, supporting fabrication and testing, etc.)
You Must Have:
- US Citizenship in order to obtain and maintain US Dept. of Energy Q-level security clearance
- Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering from an ABET accredited program
- Minimum 2 years of experience with PCB design layout
- Must have a minimum of 5 years relevant experience in electrical engineering design and manufacturing.
- Advanced degree in Electrical Engineering from an ABET accredited program
- Experience with sensor technologies (movement, light, IR, proximity, RF, EM fields, etc.)
- Radio communications technologies expertise (cellular network, internet-of-things, WiFi, Bluetooth, etc.)
- Battery technologies and use in embedded systems experience preferred
- Knowledge of environmental testing purposes and procedures
- Superior ability to provide technical guidance, consultative services, and innovative solutions as well as utilizing problem solving skills.
- Ability to interface effectively with support organizations, internal customers, and external customers through oral or written communication.
- Demonstrated ability to prepare and present to a large audience or critical customer.
- Significant experience in directing and delegating tasking for junior engineers and technicians with the ability to motivate individuals and teams to produce on-target and timely results.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision, with latitude for independent action and decision making.
- The ability to re-engineer and understand the operation of analog and digital circuits using schematics and computer simulation software
- Creating high-level test system designs
- JOB ID: req224218
- Category: Engineering
- Location: 14520 Botts Road,Kansas City,Missouri,64147,United States
- Must have or be eligible for a security clearance due to contractual requirements.
Honeywell FM&T Overview
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Associated topics: c, c c++, computer science, electrical engineering, matlab, processor, programming, python, robotics, schematic
* Estimated salary
More Jobs Hiring Near Me!