Herc Rentals is a premier full-line equipment-rental company - providing our customers the equipment solutions they need to get their work done safely, confidently and cost effectively, while enabling them to conserve capital for their growth investments.
With over 50 years of equipment-rental expertise, approximately 4,800 employees with approximately 275 company operated locations, principally in North America. Herc Rentals is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation; industrial & manufacturing; oil & gas; government & municipalities; construction, mining, & energy; remediation & restoration; emergency response; facilities; MRO; entertainment; and ground care.
We aspire to be the supplier, employer and investment of choice in our industry, with core values that promote a culture built on integrity, respect, teamwork, and accountability.
The purpose of the Field Service Mechanic B position is to utilize the mechanical expertise of the candidate to support the needs of the branch in a professional, safe and timely manner. An individual in this position will work to keep all equipment in peak running condition through an effective preventative maintenance program and a detailed repair schedule. This incumbent is a master technician and assumes a leadership role of product knowledge within the branch and acts as a professional representative of Herc Rentals at all times. He/she performs at a high standard of quality level within the branch. He/she has mastered the operating standards of the facility, the region and corporation.
* Follow a consistent and regular schedule to perform various types of maintenance on heavy equipment, construction equipment and various pieces of machinery at various job sites
* Repair assorted heavy equipment as required to ensure proper operating condition at the job site
* Disassembles engines and reassembles after a thorough examination
* Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot fuel systems, electrical systems, hydraulic systems and propane systems
* Conduct oil changes, lubrication of equipment, tire replacements, hose repairs, battery replacements and assorted services
* Recondition and replace assorted parts of the heavy equipment
* Must be able to operate and test equipment such as boom lifts, forklifts, compressors, portable and stationary generators, hydraulics, pumps and assorted tools and equipment
* Diagnoses problem areas for any significant wear or tear on the equipment
* Maintain work area in a clean and organized manner
* Produce timely and detailed service reports and repair logs
* Follow all company's filed procedures and protocols
* Build positive relationships with customers
* Perform additional duties as assigned
High School Diploma/GED
Conditions of Employment
* Ability to lift 50+ pounds
* Ability to operate large, heavy machinery
* Ability to read and comprehend the standards of operating procedures, owner's manuals and product/warning labels
* Customer service skills
* Must be able to operate a two-way radio, if necessary
* Must possess solid written and verbal communication skills and be able to perform basic computer operations
* Understands the importance of time management
If you are looking for an exciting and rewarding career with a growth-oriented company, Herc Rentals is the right place for you! As an industry leader, we offer the opportunity for training, development, and advancement. In addition, we offer highly competitive compensation and benefits package, including a generous vacation program. Apply today to be part of a team built for success!
Associated topics: diagnose, equipment, machine maintenance, machine repair, maintenance technician, malfunction, mechanical, millwright, repair, upgrade