Haskell is hiring a Mechanical Engineer for our growing office in St. Paul, MN. As a Group Lead you will be responsible for the production of innovative, appropriate, cost effective, designs, drawings and specifications in his/her discipline for assigned projects. Must have 10+ years of experience in the design and implementation of Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing systems in large industrial facilities.
Responsible, as a senior licensed professional, to assist the Group Discipline Leader, Group A/E Principal and A/E Discipline Leader in training and mentoring of staff, development of group and corporate standards, and in the research and incorporation of innovative technologies. Maintains professional registration and signs/seals documents prepared under his/her supervision.
1. Keeps abreast of staff's technical capabilities, productivity, and workload capacity.
2. Participates in Group staffing meetings and makes recommendations to Group A/E Principal regarding staff assignments based on experience, productivity efficiency and workload.
3. Monitors all projects in the groups, keeps appraised of deadlines, and advises the Group A/E Principal on staff allocation needed to meet deadlines.
4. Makes recommendations to Group A/E Principal on staff promotions.
5. Works with A/E Discipline Leader on sharing of staff among the other Groups.
6. Manages and mentors all Group discipline staff of typically 4-10.
7. Performs performance reviews and conducts individual development plan conferences with staff.
12 years engineering experience, 8 years as a licensed engineer.
Specific Knowledge, Skills, License, Certifications Etc.
1. Works independently on a variety of projects from simple to complex, small to large.
2. Makes presentations to internal and external customers.
3. Develops training programs and makes presentations to staff.
4. Participates in the development of group and corporate standards committees.
5. Keeps apprised of new technologies and assists in the incorporation of the new technologies into the A/E practice.
6. Leadership and management skills.
7. Enhanced presentation skills.
8. Licensed professional.
1. Accountability: Accepting responsibility that results in anticipation/prevention of problem areas from actions, and problem solving inside and outside the department/organization.
2. Customer Focus: Makes service to internal and external customers a priority; focuses on exceeding customer expectations, not just meeting them; recognizes and values all key stakeholders; applies and develops service excellence skills.
3. Effective Communication: Listens for understanding and appreciation, encourages open feedback; presents clearly and effectively one on one, and in small and large group settings; considers the audience in preparing messages and in choosing the appropriate communication channels; creates and encourages open channels of communication.
4. Execution/Empowerment: Demonstrates the ability to get results; manages competing demands in fast paced environment with effective results; identifies and creates contingency solutions to ensure timely execution.
5. Learning & Development: Learning new skills and increasing capabilities a high priority; takes action to address development needs in self and others, if applicable; identifies gaps and learning opportunities to ensure complete technical job proficiency; takes responsibility for own development and skills improvement.
1. Team: Collaborate and demonstrate respect for team members, partners and everyone with whom we do business; open communication.
2. Excellence: Strive for quality and safety; executed best in class; creative and innovative; dedicated for continuous improvement.
3. Service: Passionate about customer service internal and external and to the community; and creates superior value.
4. Trust: High standards of ethics and personal accountability; transparency; credibility; fairness
While performing the duties of this job, this position is required to have ordinary ambulatory skills sufficient to visit other locations; and the ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and manipulate (life, carry, move) light to medium weights of 10-50 pounds. Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm, hand and finger dexterity, including ability to grasp, and visual acuity to use a keyboard, operate equipment and read application/form information. The associate frequently is required to sit, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear.
Haskell will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act of 2008. The job description will be reviewed periodically as duties and responsibilities change with business necessity. Essential and marginal job functions are subject to modification.
Haskell is an Equal Opportunity Employer (Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities) and Drug-Free Workplace.