Retail Safety Specialist
Harbor Freight in Agoura Hills, CA
- Industry: Retail - Loss Prevention
- Type: Full Time
- Compensation: $107,120.00 - 159,640.00 / Year*
The Retail Safety Specialist provides support to develop and execute Harbor Freight Tools' safety program, including ensuring compliance with and state and federal requirements, throughout Harbor Freight Tools Retail Stores. The Retail Safety Specialist will assist the Safety Manager as a resource for all Harbor Freight Tools Retail Stores for training needs (including in-person training) and responding to safety issues. The Retail Safety Specialist will help to ensure ongoing compliance with legal requirements, including working with other departments to address needs in individual stores. The person in this role will assist in the continued development of Harbor Freight Tools' retail safety culture and will strive to inspire the employee's commitment to complying with company safety standards and maintaining a safe work environment. The person in this role will work closely with others in Store Operations, Facilities, Loss Prevention, Human Resources, and Risk Management departments to help execute on Harbor Freight Tools' commitment to a safe place to work.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate in the development, implementation, monitoring and optimization of safety practices and procedures in compliance with governmental regulations including Federal, State, and Local laws and regulations
- Provide support to ensure all corporate safety programs are compliant with applicable federal, state and local laws
- Conduct or coordinate Associate training in areas such as safe work practices, new manager onboarding, and specific store needs
- Promptly respond to retail facility needs to ensure timely completion of remedial action to address safety concerns
- Maintain required OSHA injury and illness records, and assist in distribution of those records as legally required
- Assist in promptly responding to workplace injuries including ensuring timely completion of plans to prevent reoccurrence
- Assist in executing strategies, policies and procedures and implement control measures to ensure a safe working environment for the company's employees
- Other duties as assigned
Retail locations, projects/initiatives.
Travel - 30-40% domestic travel.
Education and Experience
- Minimum 5 years safety experience, preferably in a retail, multi-unit environment
- B.A. /B.S. preferred
- Strong working knowledge of OSHA regulations as well as other regulatory standards including, but not limited to, ANSI, NIOSH, NFPA, and DOT
- Ability to analyze accident data, new processes, and machinery for potential safety concerns and conduct job hazard and job safety analyses.
- Strong leadership and time management skills
- Strong interpersonal, presentation, verbal and written communication skills
- Works independently on a daily basis providing quality reports, analysis and policies in Safety
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from regulatory agencies, or employees
- Able to maintain confidentiality in matters involving security and/or personnel issues.
General office environment requiring ability to:
Stand, walk, and sit for extended periods of time.
Speak and listen to others in person and over the phone.
Use keyboard and read from computer screen and reports.
Ability to lift up to 15 lbs.
About Harbor Freight Tools:
In 1977, when Harbor Freight Tools was started as a small family-owned business, we made a commitment to provide working people with great quality tools at the lowest prices. And for over 40 years, Harbor Freight Tools has done just that. From hand tools and generators, to air and power tools, from shop equipment to automotive tools, Harbor Freight offers more than 5,000 tools and accessories at quality levels that match or exceed competing brands, but at prices that are up to 80% less. We're not your typical retailer. We're a team of high-achievers, who have a passion for excellence and continuous improvement and obsess about getting things done. We're also equally committed to doing the right thing and giving back to our community. And for us, collaboration is the golden rule. We're a 40 year-old, $4 billion company with over 30 million loyal customers and growing. If you are looking for a not so ordinary and highly rewarding career opportunity, we would love to talk with you. Delivering Value to the Hardworking Since 1977
Associated topics: climate, environmental, health, inspector, risk, safety, sewer system, treatment, wastewater, water
* Estimated salary
You may be interested in these similar jobs near Agoura Hills, CA!