Fire Safety Director New York City, New York $22.00
Fire Safety Director Location: New York City, New York -
Salary: $22.00 -
Posted: 27 Jun 2019 -
Closes: 27 Jul 2019 -
Job Type: Permanent & Full-time -
Business Unit: US Secure Solutions -
Region / Division: North America -
PLEASE CLICK APPLY OR TEXT \"JOBS\" TO 561-###-#### FROM YOUR SMARTPHONE!
The world's leading private security organization, G4S, has an immediate job opportunity for a Fire Safety Program Manager. As a Fire Safety Program Manager, you will manage, plan, implement and evaluate the staff and activities of the Fire Safety Program, coordinate with the fire safety directors on safety programs, training and respond to fire alarms. Perform other duties as specified in post orders.
G4S is a security provider for the United States government, fortune 500 companies, nuclear power plants, oil and gas companies, airport, ports, banks, hospitals, factories, warehouses, commercial facilities, residential communities and much more.
As a full time employee of G4S, you will be entitled to the following benefits:
* Major Medical, Dental and Vision * Paid vacation * 401K * Opportunities for additional training to aid in your professional development
As an employee you will also be able to participate in the Promote Me! Community. Promote Me! is available to interested current employees as a way to express interest in further advancement, as well as gain information and encourage professional development.
Further, as a current employee you will be eligible to participate in large group rates for the following benefits:
In addition, G4S provides benefits that are automatically available to all full or part-time employees, whether you enroll in a G4S insurance plan or not. And with no premiums to pay!
* RxCut Pharmacy Discount Program * Doctor on Demand * Qualsight LASIK Savings * Perks at Work: G4S Employee Discount Program * Alliant Credit Union * Purchasing Power * Active & Fit: G4S Fitness Center Membership * FinFit: Financial Wellness Program * DailyPay: Access your pay when you need it
G4S offers job security, excellent pay and benefits, and career opportunities. We offer entry level careers, management careers, sales careers and executive careers across the United States and internationally.
Specific Duties and Essential Functions
* Develop, implement, and evaluate Fire Life Safety program operating policies, procedures and processes * Oversee the coordination of fire response team training, fire safety training, and regular fire safety inspections of all G4S Fire Safety Account * Ensure regular inspections required by the Authority Having Jurisdiction (AHJ), the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) and all applicable federal, state, and local codes and regulations are conducted; participate in Environment of Care (EOC) inspections; reviews compliance to the seven components of the EOC (Safety, Security, HazMat, Emergency Management, Fire, Equipment and Utility Management) * Develop specifications for Fire Safety inspections, maintenance, and scheduling of vendor services; solicit and evaluate competitive bids for fire and safety programs; monitor vendors to ensure they meet all applicable G4S Fire Safety Accounts, AHJ and NFPA requirements * Investigate and prepare reports on accidents, incidents, and suspicious activities; maintain written logs as required by the post * Act as safety committee liaison for G4S Secure Solutions and Maintains documentation required by American Heart Association and National Fire Protection Association * Serve as the technical expert for Fire Safety issues, response to fire alarm activations and other emergencies * Ensure that all required permits, (i.e. fire, burglar alarm and fuel tanks, are updated and current) * Perform and document Pre-Construction Risk assessments; develop general accident prevention and improvement recommendations * Conduct training on OSHA requirements (lockout/tag out, etc.), and maintain documentation regarding continued education for all Fire Safety Directors * Select, develop, manage and evaluate direct reports
The Ideal Candidate:
Education, Licenses and Certifications Required
* Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent * Pass any State-required training or other qualifications for licensing * Must possess a Certification of Fitness for Fire Life and Safety Director (F89 issued by FDNY)
Type and Length of Specific Experience Required
* Minimum of five (5) years of Fire Safety experience in a multi-use corporate commercial environment or related industry
* Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office * Effective oral and written communication skills * Active listening skills * Ability to assess and evaluate situations effectively * Ability to identify critical issues quickly and accurately * Attention to detail
* Must be at least 18 years old or the minimum age required by the state, if higher * Must be a U.S. citizen or a foreign citizen authorized to legally work in the United States * Subject to a drug screen to the extent permitted by law * Must be able to provide, upon job offer, a DD214 discharge document with discharge status indicated, if prior military
Physical Requirements and Environment
Environment: Indoor and outdoor, temperature ranges from moderate to extreme cold and heat
Major activity: Walking, standing, speaking, listening, observing
Physical efforts to carry out job duties: Standing, walking, and sitting. Minimal to no stooping or kneeling.
G4S is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
and an Alcohol- and Drug-Free Workplace
If you have any questions regarding Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action or Diversity and Inclusion, or have difficulty using the online system and require an alternate method to apply, please contact our Corporate Human Resources Department at (800) ###-####.
To receive an update on your application status, please contact our local office by following this link: