Environmental Health and Safety Specialist
FreshDirect in Bronx, NY
- Industry: Energy/Power - Health, Environment And Safety
- Type: Full Time
- Compensation: $86,380.00 - 134,240.00 / Year*
Environmental Health and Safety (EH&S) Specialist: Plant Operations
FreshDirect is one of the nation's leading online food brands, known for its convenient home delivery service and the manufacture of fresh, delicious food, with stellar on-time performance. Changing the way customers shop for groceries since 2002, the Company uses a direct distribution model with in-house, overnight production that cuts-out the middleman and helps FreshDirect offer farm-fresh food at low prices. Each product is 100-percent customer satisfaction guaranteed, every time!
At FreshDirect, we're not only growing our brand and product line, but also the workforce that makes our Company great! We offer full benefits, including discounts on food, health plan coverage, and an attractive compensation package.
FreshDirect currently seeks an Environmental, Health, and Safety (EH&S) Specialist: Plant Operations, for its 700,000-square-foot operating facility to promote a safe and healthy work environment for all employees. Reporting to the Manager, EH&S, the successful candidate will be instrumental in promoting a "culture of safety" throughout the Organization. The EH&S Specialist will assist the EH&S Team in the development and implementation of the Company's comprehensive EH&S Program.
- Performs daily EH&S facility inspections to ensure OSHA compliance with all operating procedures and the facility maintains an audit-ready vigilance
- Conducts daily Employee safety observations and enters data into the EH&S tracking system
- Routinely audits all safety systems/devices, including fire extinguishers, fire suppression systems, fire alarm systems, First Aid Kits, Spill Kits, ladders, and doors, then logs and reports findings to relevant departments and the EH&S Team
- Recommends operational process modifications, as necessary, to mitigate risk and supervises new equipment/machinery installations
- Analyzes accident data to identify trends that will prevent similar future incidents from ever taking place
- Provides real-time tactical support for incident responses
- Conducts incident investigations and follow through, including Employee and witness interviews, written statements, data gathering, and analysis/recommendations
- Completes thorough and resonate incident reports and ensures all incidents have been properly logged and reported to all necessary personnel and channels
- Reviews departmental investigation reports to ensure that corrective actions have been executed to eliminate recurrence and unsafe acts/conditions
- Assists and supports all departments with safety training, including behavioral-based workplace and job function safety training programs
- Maintains adequate supply of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) throughout the facility
- Identifies and eliminates pollutants or hazardous chemicals that may affect the environment or the health of the population
- Prepares safety presentations, including trends and performance indicators, and presents data information to relevant teams.
- Plans and delivers key safety concepts to provide the road map to zero injuries and world class performance
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
- Three years' hands-on experience driving safety and compliance in a busy production environment
- Bilingual: Spanish/English
- OSHA-10 Certification
- Associate Safety Professional: Board of Certified Safety Professionals
- Excellent interpersonal, influencing, verbal and written communication skills at all levels throughout a multi-tiered, multi-cultured workplace.
- Ability to train others in a classroom setting or onsite.
- Capable of multi-tasking and managing multiple projects concurrently in a deadline-centric environment.
- Passionate and self-motivated to excel.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
Who is FreshDirect:
FreshDirect is a food tech company and the Northeast's leading online fresh food grocer, delivering directly to customers throughout seven states, including the New York City and Philadelphia metropolitan areas, and the greater D.C. metropolitan area. FreshDirect is committed to sourcing the freshest and best-tasting meat, fish, produce, and specialty items through direct relationships with suppliers, growers, and farmers. In 2016, FreshDirect expanded its portfolio in NYC with the launch of FoodKick, an on-demand business that caters to the needs of urban dwellers with a curated selection of fresh food, alcohol, and essentials-all delivered within an hour. Launched in 2002, FreshDirect is a privately held company headquartered in Bronx, NY. For more information, visit Our company aspires to be a valued corporate partner in all communities in which it serves and works extensively with dozens of charitable and community partners.
Why choose FreshDirect?
We are an innovative Food Technology company offering an environment where you can grow a career and feed your future and have fun while doing it! Great people deserve great benefits and we go above and beyond!
Wait, there's more! Check out our #workperks:
- Flexible and generous PTO plan
- 20% discount on FreshDirect and FoodKick plus an employee at-cost food program (FD Market)
- We have a 24-hour shuttle service that runs back and forth to the subway
- Summer barbecues for FD employees
Click to explore careers and - -
Learn on Twitter , Instagram, Facebook and YouTube!
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the Team member(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals in this position. Position Descriptions may be subject to change as the needs of the organization change.
As an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER, FreshDirect does not discriminate against applicants or employees because of their race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, sexual orientation, age religion, creed, marital status, veteran status, domestic violence victim status, familial status, or on any other basis prohibited by law. Furthermore, FreshDirect will not discriminate against any applicant or employee because he or she is disabled, a disabled veteran, or a veteran of the Vietnam era, provided he or she is qualified and meets the requirements established by FreshDirect for the job.
Associated topics: emr, environment, hazard, health, hospital, safe, sewer system, scba, usda, wastewater
* Estimated salary
More Jobs Hiring Near Me!