Job Description & Qualifications
We bring engineering ideas to life. In Product Development, we make driving more exciting, enjoyable and sustainable. Ford's Safety Electronics team designs and develops hardware and functional models that provide Best in Class behavior for features like Adaptive Cruise Control, Automatic Emergency Braking, Cross Traffic Alert, Active Park Assist and 360 Camera Systems.
This position is focused on the ownership of new features, implemented through feature models, and integrated into a central Active safety ECU, but could also involve other elements of the process because we are seeking to add high quality people to the team rather than trying to squeeze engineers into a specific role.
* Lead the design, development and model creation for new ADAS features.
* Lead the development of Feature specifications, FMEAs, robustness disciplines and design validation plans.
* Understand the performance requirements for the sensing system, establish feature model to operate with the sensor performance envelop and establish procedures to verify performance both quantitatively and subjectively
* Understand sensor-system interactions in terms of vehicle dynamics to identify possible improvements and trade-offs. Identify changes needed to improve performance and meet objectives
* Establish Feature objectives and ensure system operation to meet the objectives through structured component, sub-system, and system level test methodologies
* Work with the Ford Hardware in the Loop Team to establish CAE procedures to reduce dependence on vehicle level testing
* Closely coordinate with feature development engineers to support execution of design verification plans to ensure proper feature-level performance.
* Support Sign off of Feature Level performance per a given vehicle
* Master's Degree in Mechanical Engineering with a focus on Controls
* Project Management experience
* Developing and conducting laboratory and vehicle tests.
* Experience with failure mode analysis and specification writing
* Control algorithm development using Matlab, Simulink or equivalent
* Understanding of embedded hardware and software design
* Software architecture, modular application development with Model/software, strong embedded experience, developing production algorithm experience
* Design and development of radar, image processing or similar digital signal processing applications Modeling / analyzing / simulating radar and/ or vision and/or Lidar sensor performance
* Data collection and analysis of Active Safety sensor systems
Join our team as we create tomorrow! We believe in putting people first, working together, and facing challenges head-on, because we're Built Ford Tough. We're one team striving to make people's lives better while creating value, delivering excellence and ultimately going for the win.
Visa sponsorship may be available for this position.
Ford Motor Company is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
Associated topics: assembly, autocad, brakes, design, machine, mechanic, mechanism, powertrain, propulsion, turbine