- First Group
- $42,440.00 -59,730.00/year*
103 Hatchery Rd
Gas/Diesel/Alternative Fuel Techs
Do you have gasoline light & medium duty experience? Join First Student as a Fleet Technician! - Proudly Servicing Orland, ME schools!
M-F Shift 5:30am-2pm or 8am-4:30pm
First Student is Proud to Offer You:
* Top Wages & Consistent Pay (NOT Flat Rate) - Starting at $25-$30 based on qualifications!
* A Clean and Positive Work Environment!
* Consistent year-round work!
* Excellent Benefits including Company Training, Paid Holidays, Paid Vacation and Sick Days, Medical, Dental, Vision, and 401(k) Savings Plan
* ASE training and testing materials provided - Earn more money for each certification you obtain!
* Opportunities for Advancement Nationwide! - Advance your career as Shop Manager, Region Maintenance Manager, or work in our Greyhound, First Transit, & First Vehicle Services divisions across North America!
* Ongoing training - learn and work on gas, diesel, & propane vehicles
As a First Student Technician, You'll Be Responsible For:
* Repairs and maintains school buses and school bus equipment.
* Test drives repaired equipment.
* Inspects and services vehicles
* Notifies supervisor of potentially dangerous equipment and corrective action taken.
* Performs all other duties as assigned.
* Be at least 18 years of age
* Have a valid driver's license; Must be willing to obtain CDL while employed (in-house training provided!)
* Technical school training is a plus
* 3+ years of Gas, Diesel, or Alternative Fuel vehicle repair / maintenance experience
* Must be willing to obtain ASE Certifications while employed - testing & training materials provided!
* Background check and drug screen required
So, Who Are We?
We are First Student (A Division of FirstGroup America) ? a leading provider of school transportation
services. With over 50,000 employees, operating 44,000 school buses, in 39 U.S. States, we move
more passengers per day than all U.S. Airlines combined.
Don't Wait! Apply Today!
First Student is an Equal Opportunity Employer.* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...