The primary function of the Product Qualification Test Technicians to perform product qualification testing under supervision or from detailed procedures. They will assist other technicians and engineers to perform more complex tests. Work is checked in progress and upon completion.
* Conducts a variety of tests using established methods. Prepare test specimens, sets up and adjusts test equipment and records test data * Summarizes test results using basic mathematical calculations and data reductions. * May use established computerized spreadsheets during data reductions * Maintains related test equipment, tools, and machinery in good working condition * Demonstrated ability to comply with safety rules, company policies, and procedures * Skills to communicate, monitor, and ensure progress toward attainment of department and location goals * Perform other duties as assigned * Although not regular; some field work may be required
Skills / Qualifications
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* High School diploma required. A.A degree in mechanical engineering highly preferred. * 2 years testing industry experience, preferably in product testing. * Motivated, proactive individual with good interpersonal skills. Ability to work with individuals and customers at all levels in a variety of locations. * Availability, flexibility and maturity to represent the company with vendors and customers. * Well-developed oral and written communication skills to meet a variety of communication needs within the department. * The ability for strong detail in following procedures and test protocols. * Must be experienced interpreting testing procedures and requirements. * Demonstrated success in Microsoft Excel and Word programs. * Must have mechanical aptitude and familiarity with basic hand and power tools. * Understanding of Pneumatics, hydraulics, fluid power and electrical systems * Woodworking equipment * Frequency of required physical force: Occasional (moderate).
* Lifting requirements: lifting <50 lbs. often and > 50 lbs. sporadically.
* Ability to stand on feet for long periods of time.
* Ability to lift 50+lbs periodically.
* Work is performed mainly indoors.
This position requires access to export-controlled commodities, technical data, technology, software, and services. U.S. citizenship, U.S. legal permanent resident status, protected person status under 8 U.S.C. ? 1324b(a)(3), or U.S. Government export authorization is required. Any offer of employment is contingent upon the employer obtaining the necessary export authorization, including, if required, an export license from the U.S. Department of Commerce's Bureau of Industry and Security, the U.S. Department of State's Office of Defense Trade Controls, or other applicable government agency.
Please apply by email to ...@element.com
We are Element, one of the fastest growing testing, inspection, certification and calibration businesses in the world.
We deliver critical services in Materials Testing, Product Qualification Testing, Certification, Device Calibration and Advisory Services to the Aerospace, Oil and Gas, Transportation, Industrials, Fire and Building product, Infrastructure and other leading sectors, where failure in service is simply not an option.
Everything we do helps our customers to build better products; get their products to market on time; save them time and money; and minimize the risk associated with product development and production.
Our mission is simple: to be the best testing partner in the world and together we strive towards a common vision of becoming the world's most trusted testing partner.
We have four values that we strive to live by every single day.
* Safety - We keep our colleagues and visitors safe * Integrity - We act honestly and fairly to do the right thing * Excellence - We set new standards of excellence in everything we do * Partnership - We work together for the benefit of our customers
When combined with our mission and vision, the ethos this creates, enables Element to deliver one thing. CERTAINTY. We exist to help make certain that the materials and products we test, inspect, certify and calibrate for our customers are safe, quality, compliant and fit for purpose.
At Element, we always take pride in putting our people first. We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes diversity and inclusion as fundamental to our Vision of becoming \"the world's most trusted testing partner\".
All suitably qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective work related criteria and without regard for the following: race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, and/or protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the applicable governing laws.