Sr. I&C/Electrical Engineer - NMP
Compensation: $97,590.00 - $144,930.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Loading some great jobs for you...
At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 100 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Responsible for power plant control and instrumentation analysis. Need an understanding of control and instrumentation components, including digital-based components used in power plant control systems and operations.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
Department Specific Roles/Responsibilities:
- Instrument uncertainty setpoint calculations
- Familiarity with instrument specifications, instrument data sheets, calibration sheets
- Ability to read and interpret P&ID s, schematics, ladder logic
- Familiarity with Distributed Control Systems, HMI, and PLC applications
- Familiarity with EMI/RFI analysis
- Familiarity with Cyber Security requirements and solutions
- Specialized instrument system and component knowledge (e.g. NI s/radiation monitors/DEHC/cameras/security, et. al.)
- Understanding of license basis considerations (UFSAR, Technical Specifications) and regulatory requirements (e.g., Reg. Guide 1.97) as they intersect with instrumentation
- Nuclear Power plant experience in modifications and design including digital upgrades
- Ensure that engineering analysis, troubleshooting, and studies are conducted according to IEEE and NFPA standards
- Occasionally work in the field assisting on shut-downs, startups, commissioning, and maintenance projects.
- Work with staff on the estimating and bidding of new projects
Defend the plant design and licensing basis. Preparation and approval of design outputs and plant changes in accordance with approved processes and design requirements. Support installation and testing of plant systems and components and facility changes. Ensure the plant s physical and functional characteristics are accurately reflected in the plant documents. Perform engineering analysis to support plant changes.
- B. S. in Engineering or Licensed Professional Engineer and 5+ years engineering experience
- 5 or more years solid performance with last two in top half of Engr 2 band
- Demonstration of FLS competencies
- Ability to troubleshoot instrument and control systems.
- Professional Engineer Registration
- Advanced technical degree or related coursework
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
EEO is the Law Poster
Associated topics: bsee, diagram, dsp, electrician, hardware, image processing, kv, msee, plc, stationary engineer
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...