Join a LEADER and a TRADITION! JOIN ELCB!
- Wonderful Pay
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Options
- Tuition Plans
- Retirement options
- Too Many Other Benefits to List!
Exceptional Living of Brazil is NOW HIRING for TALENTED and DEDICATED QMAs to join our team. Apply today - We only have a few QMA openings left.
Properly administers prescribed medications to residents and maintains related medical records under the supervision of a licensed or registered nurse by performing the following duties:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
An individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Other duties as assigned.
- Administers medication to residents in accordance under supervision of licensed or registered nurse in accordance with standards of practice. This includes but is not limited: administering medication(s), recordation of name of drug, dosage, and time of administration on specified forms or records, administers scheduled medications according to established facility/pharmacy medication administration policies and procedures. Observes ingestion or other application. Documents reasons why prescribed drugs are not administered and timely notifies proper nursing personnel.
- Observes and monitors residents. This includes but is not limited to: regularly taking vital signs and/or observing residents for responses to medication(s), documenting resident reactions, timely notifying proper personnel of reactions. Timely reports physical and/or emotional changes in status of resident(s) to proper nursing personnel.
- Maintains employee and resident safety. This includes but is not limited to: following infection control practices; maintaining a clean and safe environment; timely reporting safety issues, injuries, incidents, to proper personnel, participating in fire and disaster drills; and carrying out assigned duties to assure resident and employee safety in the event of an emergency.
- Assists with the planning, implementation and evaluation of plans of care for assigned residents and reports information and suggested approaches to Charge Nurse.
- Ensures proper documentation is maintained. This includes but is not limited to documenting administration of medications and physical and/or emotional reactions to the same, the use of psychotropic drugs, and vital signs of residents.
- Performs quality assessment and assurance functions, as directed.
- Assists with the development and update of nursing policies and procedures to reflect the philosophy of the facility, professional standards, and legal requirements.
- As directed, assists with Executive Director/designee and/or supervisory staff with survey processes.
- Maintains and applies current skills and knowledge through continuing education and in-service programs.
- Carries out responsibilities in compliance with federal, state, local laws and regulations, and with facility philosophy, policies and procedures.
- Ability to present information to supervisory staff effectively. Must be able to speak, understand and read the English language to the extent necessary to safely and properly care for residents.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with high level of energy and enthusiasm. Ability to organize, document, and implement detailed programs. Good verbal and written communication skills.
- This position requires standing, sitting, stooping, pushing, pulling, lifting up to 75 pounds or more, bending, climbing, twisting upper body, walking, running, carrying, listening, talking, use of telephone, and exposure to medical equipment and persons with risk of illness.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Completion of Medication Assistant Training Program and Certified Nursing Assistant Program. One to two years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred. Meets state and federal requirements.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Medication Assistant Certification and Certified Nurse Assistant Certification, as required.
Associated topics: asn, bsn, care unit, infusion, intensive care unit, nurse rn, psychiatric, registered nurse, staff nurse, surgical