EcoSense Lighting in Los Angeles, CA
- Industry: Scientific Research - Electronic Engineering/Computer Science
- Type: Full Time
- Compensation: $125,175.00 - 194,720.00 / Year*
The Electrical Engineer will come with substantial experience in the design and development of highly-efficient power supply and LED driver designs. In this exciting role, you will be a part of the process from concept investigation and design analysis to successful production execution. Using analytical and problem-solving skills the Electrical Engineer will help guide decision making in the organization. This individual must along with deep knowledge of offline conversion topologies including Flyback, Buck, PFC, resonant converters, LLC and analog/digital controls loops. Candidate must be intimately familiar with power supply safety and environmental certifications, offline controllers, components, magnetic design, power supply layout and state-of the art techniques for efficiency optimizations including no load/light load efficiency techniques. The Electrical Engineer will help in architecture investigation with the power architect and help determine the best design option for power metric performance optimization including but not limited to efficiency, power density, cost and scalability.
Join us as we build a new department focused on revolutionizing the way things are done in our industry. We are performing cutting edge research and developing innovative tools to solve challenging problems. This role brings you the opportunity to firmly apply your stamp to our products, now and well into the future. Join us in creating amazing, beautiful and functional experiences.
- Create analysis, modeling, DFM, prototype development, qualification, safety/REL certifications
- Design simulation, calculations and analytical models for prediction of design concept outcome
- Design risk assessments, mitigation plans, development lessons learned and proof of concepts
- Design Schematic and BOM; Work with layout team for LED driver layouts
- Conduct design and layout reviews with cross-functional teams
- Prototype tests and validation results, document multi-dimensional activities
- Keep up-to-date on state-of-the art technologies
- Competitive bench marking for each project
- Troubleshoot design and production issues
- Prepare, present and lead peer to peer and cross functional design review meetings
It is desired that the candidate has the following qualifications for the position:
- Bachelor s degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science
- 2 years of professional experience
- 2 years experience in power electronics
- Proficiency with schematic editor and PCB layout, simulation tool ex: Spice
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally (less than 20%)
- Possess the ability and willingness to roll up sleeves and execute to get the job done
All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or covered veteran status. This position is not eligible for sponsorship.
Associated topics: c c++, electrical engineering, information technology, machine learning, photonics, processor, radar, robotics, schematic, software engineer
* Estimated salary
More Jobs Hiring Near Me!