- EaglePicher Corporation
- $94,280.00 -134,180.00/year*
1 On Semi Way
The Mechanical Engineer will collaborate with the engineering team to design, develop, and qualify cells and battery packs according to customer specifications and documentation requirements in line with project timing and budgets. The Mechanical Engineer will work closely with R&D and Manufacturing Engineering teams to execute and deliver existing and new products.
The core responsibilites of this position:
* Support all development phases including design, design refinement, validation, and pilot production.
* Responsible to plan, develop, and execute Design of Experiment (DOE) for fabrication and testing of batteries.
* Work closely with the R&D teams to determine battery design and mechanical characteristics
* Develop processes/tooling for pilot scale manufacturing.
* Coordinate and execute product development trials. Summarize and present respective results, with conclusions, and recommendations.
* Develop assembly and process specifications, along with other engineering documents.
* Generate BOM and prepare cost estimates.
* US Citizenship required
* Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing / Engineering technology, or related discipline.
* 3-5 years' experience in R&D, or Product Development. Battery experience strongly preferred.
* Good interpersonal and communication skills, oral and written.
* Able to contribute to collaborative team environment.
* Self-motivated and hands-on. Detail oriented and able to manage multiple tasks.
* Laser welding experience strongly desired.
* 3D CAD modeling knowledge. Autodesk Inventor experience is a plus.
* Experience in FEA (ANSYS) and other numerical modeling methods will be helpful.
* Skilled in use of Microsoft Office applications (Project, Excel, Word Outlook).
* Knowledge of Minitab, SPC, and DOE methodology is desired.
ABOUT EAGLEPICHEREaglePicher Technologies, LLC is a leading producer of batteries and energetic devices for the defense, aerospace, medical, commercial, oil, and gas industries. The company provides the most experience and broadest capability in battery electrochemistry of any battery supplier in the United States. Battery technologies include lithium ion, thermal, silver zinc, lithium carbon monofluoride, lithium thionyl chloride, lithium manganese dioxide, lithium sulfur dioxide, and reserve lithium oxyhalide. EaglePicher also provides custom battery assemblies, battery management systems, pyrotechnic devices, and other power solutions. EaglePicher Technologies is headquartered in Joplin, MO. and is ISO9001:2008, ISO 13485, and AS9100C certified. For more information, visit www.eaglepicher.com.
PERKS OF BEING AN EAGLEPICHER EMPLOYEESome of the great things about being an EaglePicher employee include:
* Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance;
* 10 paid holidays and PTO;
* Matching 401K;
* Tuition reimbursement;
* Dependent scholarship programs.
EaglePicher Technologies LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Associated topics: aerodynamic, cae, catia, chassis, design, fluid, naval, rotordynamic, thermal, vehicle
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...