Specialist - Measurement
Compensation: $89,510.00 - $124,830.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Loading some great jobs for you...
The future is bright at DTE Energy! We are one of the largest Fortune 500 diversified utilities in the United States with an aspiration to be the best-operated energy company in North America and a force for good in the communities we live and serve. We have businesses in 26 different states and are comprised of regulated utility and non-utility businesses. Our utility business provides electric and gas service to approximately 3 million customers. Our non-utility businesses include a diversified portfolio of energy related companies, ranging from gas storage and pipelines to renewable power development.
DTE Energy s utility and non-utility businesses are poised for significant growth. We look forward to working with highly motivated and team-oriented individuals to energize our efforts of growing economically and environmentally.
Recently, DTE Energy has been recognized as an outstanding place to work and has received the following accolades:
* Gallup Great Workplace Award for consecutive years
- Civic 50 Award for corporate citizenship excellence
- Indeed s annual 50 Best Places to Work award for two years running
- Metropolitan Detroit s 101 Best and Brightest Companies to work For
- J.D. Power Customer Satisfaction Award
- Professional Women s Magazine/Black EOE Journal Best of the Best
- Computerworld s 100 Best Places to Work in IT
- Best Employers for a Healthy Lifestyle Gold Award
- Detroit Free Press Green Leaders Award
DTE Energy is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, disability, national origin, citizenship, height, weight, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law.
External Pre-Hire Assessment Required: Professional Pre-Hire Assessment
Testing Required: Not Applicable
Provide defensible edits utilizing company gas measurement practices and procedures. Ensure all gas measurement and gas quality data is collected from field-based electronic devices and is posted to the gas measurement system. Analyze measurement data of large volume end use, pipeline transportation, and production metering locations for accuracy, integrity, and completeness.
- Analyze gas measurement data and gas quality for accuracy, integrity, and completeness for month end closing
- Audits, monitors, and makes recommendations for improvements to company gas measurement systems to ensure compliance with company and industry standards
- Evaluates and identifies possible measurement anomalies and errors, applying gas measurement industry practices and guidelines
- Preparation of volumetric reports to internal and external customers
- Provides edits and estimates utilizing established procedures
Minimum Education & Experience Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Accounting or equivalent.
- One to two years of experience in gas measurement, data management or accounting
- Knowledge of Gas Transmission, Distribution, and Gathering Systems
- Computer Skills: Word processing/spreadsheet/database systems.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing with people at all levels both within and outside the company.
- Planning, analytical and problem solving skills.
Incumbents may engage in all or some combination of the activities and accountabilities, and utilize a variety of the competencies cited in this description depending upon the organization and role to which they are assigned. This description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by incumbents in this job. It is not intended as an all-inclusive list of accountabilities or responsibilities, nor is it intended to limit the rights of supervisors or management representatives to assign, direct and control the work of employees under their supervision.
Associated topics: capacitor, electric, electronic engineer, embed, line, live line, nuclear technician, recloser, transmission, power supply
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...