DJO Surgical has an immediate opening for a Mechanical Project Engineer position located in our Austin, TX manufacturing facility. We are located near 183 and Burnet Road in North Austin.
Summary: Work with a cross-functional product team consisting of upper level product development engineers, marketing product managers, manufacturing engineers, regulatory and QA engineers in the design and development of surgical instruments and implants including hip, knee, shoulder, and trauma devices. Function as a design engineer as well as project manager, managing entire product development process from concept through to production.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* Work with marketing and customer to develop conceptual designs, typically in the form of SLA models or metal prototypes of the product and present those designs back to customer for evaluation.
* Maintain all documentation necessary for a Design History File (DHF), including Design Input Documents, Design Verification Plans/Reports, Design Validation Plans/Reports, Test Protocols/Reports, and Design Input/Output Matrix.
* Develop project plans using appropriate planning software and periodically report on the progress of the project to upper management.
* Develop detail engineering drawings and release through ECO system.
* Work through internal prototype shop or contract through vendor on developing prototypes.
* Schedule and direct product team meetings, assuring timeliness of project execution.
* Maintain existing product lines, including attending NMR (Non-conforming Material Report) meetings and disposition product appropriately, attend weekly product complaint meetings and follow through with corrective/preventative actions, and write ECOs for general product improvement.
* Rely on instructions and prestablished guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
* BS in Mechanical Engineering or Bio-medical Engineering is strongly preferred.
* 5 to 10 years of experience in design engineering and/or product development either in full-time employment, internship or
co-operative education experience is required.
* Extreme interest in medical devices and/or orthopedics is required.
* To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Word Processing software; spreadsheet software; internet software; manufacturing software and contact management systems.
* Experience in 3D CAD packages such as SolidWorks, ProE, and/or Inventor required.
ABOUT DJO GLOBAL
DJO Global is a leading global developer, manufacturer and distributor of high-quality medical devices that provide solutions for musculoskeletal health, vascular health and pain management. Our products address the continuum of patient care from injury prevention to rehabilitation after surgery, injury or from degenerative disease, enabling people to regain or maintain their natural motion. Our products are used by orthopedic specialists, spine surgeons, primary care physicians, pain management specialists, physical therapists, podiatrists, chiropractors, athletic trainers and other healthcare professionals. In addition, many of our medical devices and related accessories are used by athletes and patients for injury prevention and at-home physical therapy treatment. Product lines include rigid and soft orthopedic bracing, hot and cold therapy, bone growth stimulators, vascular therapy systems and compression garments, therapeutic shoes and inserts, electrical stimulators used for pain management and physical therapy products. Our surgical division offers a comprehensive suite of reconstructive joint products for the hip, knee and shoulder. Our products are marketed under a portfolio of brands including Aircast?, Chattanooga, CMF?, Compex?, DonJoy?, ProCare?, Exos?, Dr. Comfort?, DonJoy Performance? and DJO? Surgical.
For additional information on the Company, please visit www.DJOglobal.com.
DJO is a growing subsidiary of diversified technology leader Colfax Corporation
EOE AA M/F/VET/Disability
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Associated topics: ansys, assembly, catia, machine, mechanical, motor, msme, naval, rotordynamic, vibration