THESE ARE NPIS POSITIONS
VACANCY INFORMATION: Fredericksburg, PA, 3 vacancies
CSI, GS-1862-08, SJ-517 Establishment: P1304, Farmers Pride Inc. Lebanon County.
Work Schedule: 2nd Shift, Sunday - Thursday , 08:00 pm-4:30 am
Please click Learn more about the agency below for further clarification of Local Commuting Area
Learn more about this agency
* YOU WILL/MAY:
* Ensure that regulated establishments produce a safe product by executing appropriate inspection methods, determining noncompliance with regulatory requirements, documenting noncompliance and initiating enforcement action, where warranted.
* Verify that meat and poultry slaughter and/or processing establishments Sanitation Standard Operating Procedures (SSOP) and Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) Plans meet regulatory requirements.
* Execute Sanitation Standard Operating Procedures (SSOP) and Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) Plans effectively to prevent unsanitary conditions and adulteration of product.
* GS-8 (SJ-517) Perform Hazard Analysis Verification (HAV) under the oversight of the supervisor.
* Review records, observe plant operations and conduct hands-on verification to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and prepare detailed documentation (Non-Compliance Records) of non-compliance with regulatory requirements.
* Determine when regulatory control action is necessary. You will assess whether the plants corrective or preventative actions are acceptable and effective, if there are trends in noncompliance, or if enforcement action is warranted.
* Conduct regulatory oversight activities inside plants in matters relating to other consumer protections (e.g., economic adulteration and misbranding).
* Have contact with plant managers, owners and others to explain legal and regulatory requirements, discuss operation of the plant's SSOP, HACCP plan and other food safety programs.
* Communicate and defend determinations on non-compliance issues and discuss plans for addressing non-compliance.
* Work with a variety of individuals to resolve problems, clarify differences of interpretation concerning HACCP and other food safety or consumer protection requirements.
* Advise other Agency inspectors, supervisors and officers on inspection and enforcement matters for which you are involved.
* Conduct various samplings, surveys and tests to obtain pertinent data on potential problem areas, industry trends, or other issues of current interest to the Agency.
* Be involved in performing health and safety verification sampling and tests for detection of specific microbes (e.g., salmonella, listeria, etc.), residues or contaminants.
* Perform direct, structured sampling involving Protein Fat Free (PFF), undeclared species, undeclared ingredients or suspected economic violations involving net weight or labeling.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
* Job family (Series)
1862 Consumer Safety Inspection
HelpRequirements Conditions of Employment
* Must be a current FSIS employee or USDA Career Transition and Assistance Eligible (CTAP)
* Must meet Time-In Grade (TIG) by completing 52 weeks at next lower grade
* Must submit a resume documenting 52 weeks of specialized experience
* Training as a condition of employment (TCOE) is required. You must begin the training within 90 days of the effective date of your selection, and you must successfully complete it within 12 months of the effective date of your selection.
* Selectee must be able to obtain and maintain a Public Trust security clearance. If selected you may be subject to a National Agency Check and Inquiry (NACI).
* Selectee may be subject to satisfactory completion of one year probationary or trial period.
* U.S. Citizenship required
Applicants must meet all qualifications and eligibility requirements within 30 days after the closing date of the announcement, including time-in-grade restrictions, specialized experience and/or education, as defined below.
Time-In-Grade/Time-In-Band: Applicants must meet requirements for one year at the next lower grade to be considered for the next higher grade. (e.g. one year at the GS-07 grade level for consideration for the GS-08 grade level.)
(CSI GS-8) Applicants must have one year of specialized experience (equivalent at least to the to the GS-07 level). There is no education substitution for this grade level.
Specialized experience includes: working with the Federal Meat, Poultry, and Egg Products Inspection Acts in order to inspect meat, poultry and egg products; working with basic SSOP and HACCP principles and practices in order to verify plant HACCP and SSOP responsibilities; performing basic mathematics and elementary statistical concepts and methods to perform testing and sampling procedures; and experience in reaching and interpreting conclusions.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional, philanthropic, religious, spiritual, community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Please view OPM's Qualifications Standards, Consumer Safety Inspector Series, GS-1862.
Associated topics: compliance, diligence, environment, health and safety, osha, recycle, recycling, safety, safety specialist, sewage